Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big are Belle & Sebastian over in Belgium? I'd love it if they were Club (or even Marquee at a push) headline.

As for the main headline acts, I have no idea at all but I am holding out hope that the budget will be bigger as no recompense for the storm any more combined with 30th anniversary will equal HUGE band and I would love it if that huge band were AC/DC but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Think Beck is probably too big to headline the Marquee so evening slot on the Main is more likely. Agree with you about J&MC Dave, they are a perfect fit for Marquee closer on one of the days.

Once again the Melt! line up is already looking superb. Although it's a month before PKP, I can definitely see Jon Hopkins, London Grammar, Modeselektor, Erland Oye and the Rainbows, La Roux, Nils Frahm and (fingers crossed!) Roni Size Reprazent playing. Don't think it will happen but they've also got Kylie. She'd put on a great show as a Main closer and certainly has plenty of hits (might not be what you had in mind though Dave?!?).

I know! Want to see NGHFB. Once again RW and bagging some big name and some very good "2nd tier" names.

Yep. And every decent RW announcement makes me less positive about the PP one. Does seem that virtually every festival has done early announcements this time around so hopefully PP will follow suit.

Having had a few more announcements I'm predicting

Linkin park, the Cure, Massive attack, Kanye West, Underworld and Beck

For headliners With 2manyDJs, Nero and Skrillex as closers.

Yep. And every decent RW announcement makes me less positive about the PP one. Does seem that virtually every festival has done early announcements this time around so hopefully PP will follow suit.

Having had a few more announcements I'm predicting

Linkin park, the Cure, Massive attack, Kanye West, Underworld and Beck

For headliners With 2manyDJs, Nero and Skrillex as closers.

Don't forget dEUS and Placebo. I can see both of them playing this year

Last year those other fests were early as well, yet Pukkelpop waited until halfway March, so I can't see it coming soon.

Lowlands giving names in the next days, Reading/Leeds the week after. So we'll have a better view on the possibilities soon.

If I'm positive I think that it's the 30th aniversary so the must sign a huge act.

Depends on what you call huge. For their 25th anniversary their biggest act was Iron Maiden, so Linkin Park or Kanye West could also be considered huge then. For the 25th edition the strength came from having crowd favourite coheadlining structures and a very strong undercard.

Faithless? Where did that come from?

A while back a poster for a German (?) electronic festival in August leaked, containing Faithless among other names. Not much later the organisation reveals the real poster: exact same layout and names, except for Faithless. So there's the assumption that they will announce a reunion soon.

Iron Maiden are one of the biggest touring bands in the world and must have cost PKP a fortune. For me it was a great booking.

If they went Linkin Park and Mumford I would be catastrophically disappointed.

Dreadful. Linkin Park barely even register with me and I really don't like Mumford's.

Kings Of Leon, Libertines! All of a sudden it feels like this thread is trying to spite me!

All joking aside, I'm starting to worry..