Album of the year?

Dog Burger

Decent enough stuff this year, if nothing amazing, Metronomy, Aphex Twin, Caribou, Wild Beasts, St Vincent, all acceptable bordering on pretty good

Probably the only record that really made me sit up and fucking listen was the Sleaford Mods

For me it has to be Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties, absolutely love their album and the story it tells. Other contenders for me are The Smith Street Band, Happyness, Gnarwolves, Bobby Barnett, Royal Blood, Every Time I Die and Mongol Horde.

I also think La Dispute, DZ Deathrays, Warpaint and The Horrors deserve honourable mentions

Edited by justanothername

Surprised I'm the only person to pick Run The Jewels so far. Honestly, check it out, the more I listen to it the more I think it's one of the best hip hop albums I've ever heard.

I'm listening to it now actually but I think it is great, defiantly one of the best hip hop albums this year. Close Your Eyes is so good!

Edited by justanothername

Beck

Ice Age

Lanegan

Flying Lotus

Jack White

Royal Blood

Swans

War on Drugs

Aphex

Temples (Remix album is glorious)

Horrors

Tweedy

Bought 'em all. War on Drugs most listened to by a mile.

yeah, that Temples remix thing is bloody great. Good call.

I love it, especially as I quite like temples but was underwhelmed by the album, the wizards sleeve stuff is fantastic. Absolute revelation.

Nice one I must check that out tonight.

To be honest I saw them at Electric Picnic and was underwhelmed.

Expected a far more enegetic set but it was lifeless for a large part I thought.

Maybe I expected too much

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream

This year has been once again brilliant for albums, still a lot of stuff that I haven't got around to hearing yet or just haven't listened to enough to make a full judgement but The War On Drugs for me, was gripped from first listen and I'm still playing it regularly.