strathanhall castle refusle

leeawill17

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A DF Concerts spokesperson said that their expert advisors indicate that the rare birds had not yet nested.

The spokesperson said: "We can confirm that ospreys have returned to Strathallan, but the expert opinion of our ornithologist is that they have not yet nested. The RSPB believes that the previous nest is active and as such, close monitoring via the cherry picker has been removed and we will continue to liaise with the relevant organisations to ensure the protection of the birds."

"In the meantime, we'd also like to assure fans that the festival will go ahead. The decision on our planning application will still be made in May and we remain confident that the event will take place at Strathallan."

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/t-in-the-park-s-otter-den-blockage-broke-the-law-1-3742582

"T IN THE PARK organisers have been accused of potentially breaking the law by blocking up a suspected otter’s den.

A report by T in the Park’s own environment consultants reveals that they were aware of the possible otter holt on the site and monitored it for eight days.

Experts employed by DF Concerts, the firm behind the festival, concluded the hole was not being used by otters and bricked it up."

Edited by wanderlust14

First the Ospreys, now the otters... what was Geoff Ellis thinking when he picked this site. He should be sacked. I've posted on the TITP FB page three times now asking what all this means for TITP 2015, they just delete the post. They are a joke. Would suggest DFC find an alternative site asap to save the festival.

I'd agree with you that the handling of posts getting deleted is a joke but again thats because the social media accounts a ran by a bunch of idiots who are ruining the credibility of the festival online IMO but I don't think Ellis should be 'sacked' hes not a football manager there will be a large team of people behind the operation.

He's the CEO, he picked Strathallan. He knew there were Ospreys, amongst other wildlife, were on the Estate and yet he pressed on. His arrogance astounds me. Heads should roll over this and his should be the first. Just my opinion though.... I'm extremely pissed off with this farce.

Maybe Geoff wasn't advised properly about the Wildlife there and the legalaties surrounding it ? I can't imagine that him or anyone on the T team would have deliberately put the festival at risk so they don't have a job next year.

I'd be more angry about the lineup they put on if they have to get sacked for something :P

Is Scotland another planet or something, the only place on earth where businessmen don't have the authorities corruptly in their pockets? Nah, that can't be right, i've heard of Brian Souter.

So T should get it licence no problem. It will have all been agreed before the new site was even announced,

Down with this sort of sanity. Your not welcome here unless your wetting your knickers.

Is Scotland another planet or something, the only place on earth where businessmen don't have the authorities corruptly in their pockets? Nah, that can't be right, i've heard of Brian Souter.

So T should get it licence no problem. It will have all been agreed before the new site was even announced,

I think you are overestimating the intelligence of the T In The Park team. The fact that Geoff has said there is no Plan B shows how selfish he is and that he wont admit defeat on this one. It's like he does not care about all the people who have made plans and booked travel or picked T over another festival.

He really is in denial about this and still thinks it will be approved when really he should just do the better thing and cancel early so that people can get there money back and make alternative plans rather than making us all wait until May 20th.

If it's cancelled then it's all over for T In The Park (1994 - 2014).

There is no way that T won't go ahead this year at the new site. Money talks louder than wildlife and I'm sure some brown envelopes will be passed the necessary people if it comes to it.

Ironically, when the STAG people were questioned if the leader was actually from Strathallen, they refused to answer.

• 2 weeks later...

More problems at Strathallan. Second osprey nest has been found so another buffer zone required. Posted on the TITP FB page asking what this meant for the festival, was it cancelled and when will we get our refund??. The as$$holes just deleted my post.

Oh god getting a bit of a joke now. Think T bosses should just give these guys some tickets or something to shut them up. How about building an area for the birds or publicly giving money to some bird charity. Still gonna go ahead no matter what.

Can just imagine some hippies protesting at the entrance looking like they've already spent the weekend at T.