strathanhall castle refusle

leeawill17

It doesn't matter how long the plans have been made, someone has fucked up along the lines. If these birds come back to nest there isn't a way for making the 2500ft area around the Nest. We have what a month untill the final decision is made? There will be no back up plan and no time to make One. They will need to start preparing for the weekend very soon after.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the backup plan would be to renew the license at Balado and then look again for another site?

Or maybe they could get around by changing the map slightly so they are not in the buffer zone?

I think it's been said previously that if there is the 2500m buffer zone then then there will be no other bit of the estate big enough to host it.

I'm orginally from relatively near to T and honestly on that weekend 90% of the populace under 25 are at the festival.

If it were to be cancelled this short notice there would be a riot.

The promoters of this new Dance festival at Dores will be laughing though.

Around 20 people I know are going, not one of them knew anything about it possibly being cancelled until I told them.

If it is cancelled it will be early May it is announced I would think, that's less than two months before it is supposed to happen. People would not be happy whatsoever.

My guess, they will take it back to Strathy or into glasgow and make it day festival with no camping. Just my guess though.

Yeah that was my thinking, my guess would be that they'd have to loose the R1 stage and just make it Main/Tuts/Slam if they moved to a smaller plot. People would still be fuming nonetheless.

If it is cancelled it will be early May it is announced I would think, that's less than two months before it is supposed to happen. People would not be happy whatsoever.

Just gonna put it out there, if it is cancelled this year, I don't think it will be back

Yeah that was my thinking, my guess would be that they'd have to loose the R1 stage and just make it Main/Tuts/Slam if they moved to a smaller plot. People would still be fuming nonetheless.

Honestly I think if they can't go ahead at Strathallan and Ballado is not allowed then it won't happen at all. Putting on a smaller event would mean having to put forward a whole new planning application, that can not happen in two months.

From speaking to a senior colleague i was working with last year they were saying that T was gonna attempt to start ramping down ever so slightly to sell less tickets and try and return the festival to a bit of a more niche market once again.

I don't know how much of that was pish but hes usually quite good for what hes saying. This could mean that if T were to not go ahead this year (which I cant see happening) then it would come back in a slightly different form in the following years.

they should have taken a year out to get this all sorted if it is going to affect the reputation of the festival it wouldn't have bothered me and probably would have boosted sales with those yearning for it to return after a short break.

They knew all about the Ospreys last year and were told they would not get the licence if the birds returned...they have to re-route building new roads because of things like this, so TITP is never going to win. Last year they sold a bundle extra tickets saying goodbye to Balado as people wanted to go one last time....this year they've sold tickets on the basis of it being a new venue. My opinion and opinion of few of the locals of Kinross we spoke to last year is that it is all a publicity stunt. Perth & Kinross council are NOT going to lose the festival to another council. This years T Shirts...BACK TO BALADO.

They knew all about the Ospreys last year and were told they would not get the licence if the birds returned...they have to re-route building new roads because of things like this, so TITP is never going to win. Last year they sold a bundle extra tickets saying goodbye to Balado as people wanted to go one last time....this year they've sold tickets on the basis of it being a new venue. My opinion and opinion of few of the locals of Kinross we spoke to last year is that it is all a publicity stunt. Perth & Kinross council are NOT going to lose the festival to another council. This years T Shirts...BACK TO BALADO.

Is it not still in perth and kinross shire?

sounds like I made a good choice to finish last year, do like 'plan B(alado)' though, wasn't there fields opposite it that local farmers were trying to get them on prior to the strathallan pick? feel for anyone going mind, was still tempted to go a day to check out the new place

from todays Courier........

On Monday, a video of ospreys at the site was taken by a member of the Strathallan T Action Group (Stag), the organisation which is battling to block the popular music festival.

The six-second clip was passed on to the RSPB, which called police to the site.

A Police Scotland spokesman confirmed that inquiries are ongoing.

Stag claimed that the video footage proved the birds were nesting at their traditional spot within the festival site.

A spokesman said: “We are assisting the police in relation to the authentication of the footage. If a criminal offence has indeed been committed, we would question whether it remains an option for the council to grant planning permission for the festival.”

He added: “The fact that the birds are now back on the nest raises the separate issue of what protection they are entitled to.”

He said that DF Concert’s osprey management plan had failed. “Perhaps now we’ll get to hear of DFC’s plan B. It would be a great shame if the festival couldn’t go ahead this year at a more suitable site.”

The level of smugness emanating from that last comment is staggering. lol.