strathanhall castle refusle

leeawill17

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

No chance it will be a one off move, plenty info online to suggest otherwise in fact.

I`m 99% sure your right Paul.....but....the guy we stayed with last year was not so sure. He thinks that they are holding on to the land at Balado and still trying to buy the adjacent fields. This could ( in theory ) allow them to move back along the road and tweak the site so that the pipeline was less of an issue.

With the drop in ticket sales in recent years I think the move might ( hopefully ) give the fest a new lease of life. Some decent bands would also help !

I`m 99% sure your right Paul.....but....the guy we stayed with last year was not so sure. He thinks that they are holding on to the land at Balado and still trying to buy the adjacent fields. This could ( in theory ) allow them to move back along the road and tweak the site so that the pipeline was less of an issue.

With the drop in ticket sales in recent years I think the move might ( hopefully ) give the fest a new lease of life. Some decent bands would also help !

i agree that the change in site is to try and help boost ticket sales, i'm sure ticket sales would be a lot higher if they'd announced someone as well

Ermmm ye their is. Their a petition going around because their are protected species their

No there isn't.

I deal with planners regularly and have dealt with them on the issue of protected species before. As long as mitigation measures are taken there will be no problem, don't knock down trees, don't build over a badger sett etc etc etc. Even at that given it's T in the Park they probably won't need to bother worrying about it as the council simply won't knock back the boost to the local economy from the event.

And btw it's THERE not THEIR.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that the festival will be going ahead this year. It would completely lose all credibility if they had just went 'aye we're moving but we havent even spoke to anyone about it' then announcing a line-up in stages to almost completion and a few months before it getting cancelled.

this move has probably been planned for 2/3 years now.

If those ospreys come back and nest there they will not be able to hold it. The backlash from the environmentalists would be crippling for all involved. Have a look at the poll, it's 70/30 against them holding it already.

If those ospreys come back and nest there they will not be able to hold it. The backlash from the environmentalists would be crippling for all involved. Have a look at the poll, it's 70/30 against them holding it

already.

Do you really think this is going to stop the festival from going ahead? In the end money talks and the money the local economy will get will eventually outweigh everything else.

The local economy counts for shit when the weight of the whole world's tree huggers are brought to bear. For most of the litter dropping ignoramuses that go to T this will be their only ever awareness of the green lot but there are many local economies in Scotland which would be booming if the greens hadn't poked their very weighty noses in. If those ospreys arrive, T will not happen, trust me. The greatest shame is that they have been planning for 4 years and no one thought to provision for this then. I hope the birds have a plan B this year and then everybody is happy. Apart from the NIMBYs but well, fuck them.