No Arcadia At Boomtown.....

Swine_Glasto2014

Has it run its course?

Used to think it was amazing, loud, extreme, unique etc. Just seems to be a bit same old now though. The introduction of its new field and the new sound system has buggered it for me.

Maybe doing the new show in Bristol is the way forward for them.

Thought similar in the Boomtown thread that it could be nearing the end.

I do like it, its a really cool concept still but I think the last couple of years, at Glastonbury at least its been let down by being popular with people who are happy to stand and watch some Flames go up every few minutes with no music :P

If they do leave the spider, hopefully any setup isn't as popular so it can be enjoy properly. The Bristol thing could be fun, as I'd imagine it wouldn't be over capacity so to speak!

I like it for the simple fact it removes large portions of people from the beat hotel/shangri-la area. I'm completely happy for people to watch Fatboy Slim and Disclosure on a giant flaming spider while I lose my mind to John Talabot elsewhere.

Thought similar in the Boomtown thread that it could be nearing the end.

I do like it, its a really cool concept still but I think the last couple of years, at Glastonbury at least its been let down by being popular with people who are happy to stand and watch some Flames go up every few minutes with no music :P

If they do leave the spider, hopefully any setup isn't as popular so it can be enjoy properly. The Bristol thing could be fun, as I'd imagine it wouldn't be over capacity so to speak!

The arcadia crew dont do half measures, whatever replaces the spider is sure to be bigger and flashier and therefore really popular

What's the Bristol thing people are talking about? Anyone got a link?

Went to it for the first time this year when TEED were playing and I could hear bugger all, just bass and people chatting.

On their facebook, they said next year, they are just doing Glastonbury and some sort of show in Bristol as far as the UK goes.

Edited by LondonTom

I like it for the simple fact it removes large portions of people from the beat hotel/shangri-la area. I'm completely happy for people to watch Fatboy Slim and Disclosure on a giant flaming spider while I lose my mind to John Talabot elsewhere.

Definitely serves its purpose for me :-)

Edited by OBface