Slam Dunk 2015

Hart Attack

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a bit too heavy for Slam Dunk, but is there a possibility that Refused could headline?

UK exclusive at R&L, anyway I don't think Slam Dunk would even go after them, seem a bit too big for anything other than main headliner which is normally headlined by a Kerrang crowd (couldn't think of anything else to call them :lol: ) band

Edited by justanothername

Well, according to the Download forums... http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/m6074768.aspx

To be fair I haven't seen it officially stated anywhere, so maybe they've got it wrong. The popular theory there at the moment seems to be New Found Glory... but seeing as their tour just finished, I guess it's not them then?

Edited by Hart Attack

So Kerrang just had an announcement of the Dates.

Going off what Lucky said, theres a number of bands we could have as Headliners:

Taking Back Sunday
Parkway Drive
Don Broco
Enter Shikari
Architects
Sleeping With Sirens
Pierce The Veil

I can't think of anyone else appropriate touring between now and then that could fit.

Personally I'd rule out Taking Back Sunday for headlining 2011. I don't think Enter Shikari would hedline considering their Download Positon. Same for Pierce The Veil, they wouldn't be announced for Reading already if they're playing Slam Dunk. Architects I don't feel are big enough but I could be judging them wrong.

My moneys on Parkway Drive. Given what Lucky said, and they're over for June Festivals so no reason they couldn't be coming over a bit earlier for Slammy D.

EDIT: Unless someone thinks Deaf Havana are big enough to Headline which is fesible I guess. But I think they're on a decline nowdays

Edited by huntyyy

• The All-American Rejects
  • All Time Low
  • Taking Back Sunday
  • Reel Big Fish & Less Than Jake
  • New Found Glory
  • You Me At Six
  • Cute Is What We Aim For & Boys Like Girls
  • Reel Big Fish
  • Fall Out Boy

The second stage often has heavier alternatives, but the main headliner is always relatively light. It would be very unusual and surprising to me if they had someone as heavy as Parkway Drive this time.

I'd go with Deaf Havana - strong history at the festival and have worked their way up from the small stages, subbed last time before the release of their latest and most successful album, tour happening in a couple of weeks and over in time for a late December/early January announcement.

I'd be quite happy with DH headlining. Got into them by accident at Slam Dunk - was watching someone in the greenhouse room in Hatfield doing an accoustic set and James from DH came out for her last song (the duet they had the hit with) and then he did a few more. Had never heard of them before, though seemed quite popular, as the room suddenly became rammed!

I love SD for things like that. I remember the year King Blues played the little bar upstairs too as a 'secret' set too.

Happy with most of the headliners Hart Attack came up with though.

Don't think it will be New Found Glory, their tour has already finished here and the fact that they're touring here has ruled out both Brand New and Jimmy Eat World (which I was hoping for).

I'm going for either Sleeping With Sirens or Pierce The Veil which isn't great but then again the main stage headliner for the past few years not really interested me

• 2 weeks later...