WOMAD 2015

5co77ie

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just been listening to the Mbongwana Star album after seeing nothing but good reviews and......It's superb. Definitely worth making the effort to see them

Just discovered this album and it is brilliant.  I've just started listening to Tinariwen after all these years as well.  This year's lineup looks brilliant.  Really looking forward to it.

Planning on going to this next year with the family- do the early bird tickets for the following year normally go on sale straight after the festival i.e. next week?

The early bird tickets usually go on sale at the end of November. Friday 21st last year, Friday 22nd the year before. They also do an installment plan spread over 4 payments.

Can't legislate for the weather, last weekend in July, who'd have thought it! I love the amount of children there flowing relatively free and the almost missing get drunk on 2 beers brigade, oh and the cleanliness is like a breath of fresh air after Glastonbury :)

Highlights for me amongst others were Son of Dave. the Mahotella Queens and nicest surprise, Ghostpoet who happened to be on while I was in the area, got a view a few rows from the front of stage and stayed for the whole set, good stuff. 

Edited by whisty

Highlights for me amongst others were Son of Dave. the Mahotella Queens and nicest surprise, Ghostpoet who happened to be on while I was in the area, got a view a few rows from the front of stage and stayed for the whole set, good stuff. 

I saw the Queens too, I thought they were a gay group. :P ... I can't see myself jumping around like that when I'm 73.

Saw Ghostpoet too, better than when I saw him about 6 weeks ago.