Pinkpop 2015

5co77ie

Two big headliners!

With Rock Werchter moving their dates to glasto weekend, and having a free return eurostar journey because of the shambles getting back from RW last year, it's looking highly likely i'll go to this. If i can get tickets of course :)

My only worry would be getting from Brussels to the festival site. Has anyone done this by train before, and can you give any details on how easy this is?

Two big headliners!

With Rock Werchter moving their dates to glasto weekend, and having a free return eurostar journey because of the shambles getting back from RW last year, it's looking highly likely i'll go to this. If i can get tickets of course :)

My only worry would be getting from Brussels to the festival site. Has anyone done this by train before, and can you give any details on how easy this is?

Brussels to Pinkpop will be a bit of a trek I think. That being said, I have taken the train from Brussels to Pukkelpop and whilst no where near the distance as Brussels to Pinkpop the train service was insanely efficient and connections were very easy. If you are starting from Brussels airport the train station is beneath the terminal so you are on your way immediately.

The train journey from Brussels to Pinkpop (Landgraaf), should take between 2.5 to 3 hours. The site is then about 10-15 minute walk from Landgraaf station. If you want more details of the train journey and you have a smart phone, check out the app 'Reisplanner'. Its the Dutch rail app (and includes some Belgian info too). It's really useful and easy to use.

Organiser said last week that the third big name will be revealed by 8 December.

Also they're almost done sealing Pharrell, but not as main stage headliner.

I'm pleased that he isn't headlining PP like at Roskilde and RW. I just find him really average.

I also hope that Robbie Williams isn't announced. (Radiohead please!)

• 1 month later...

Myself and a friend are looking to do Pinkpop this year and I had a couple of questions.

Is the car park close to the camping site/arena?

What time does the music start/finish?

Is there much to do around town during the day?

If somebody was so inclined, how easy is it to get drugs (pills/mdma) and what is the quality like? This is for a err, friend.

If anybody is flying into Amsterdam and needs a lift down/back, I'm sure we could work something out.

Thanks!

There's a few different car parks/camping areas, but the town isn't that big, so you won't be more than about 10-15 minutes walk from the car park to the campsite, I wouldn't think.

In previous years, the music started later on the first day (Friday), around 4pm, and about midday on the other two days. I think the headliners are normally done by 11pm.

The festival is in a small town called Landgraaf and there is pretty much nothing to do in the town (I lived there for nearly 3 years!). Your are a 5 minute train ride from the nearby city Heerlen, though, which has a few bars and cafes and that sort of thing. You're a slightly longer train ride from Maastricht (NL) and Aachen (Germany) which are bigger and nicer cities.

Can't comment on the drugs things, as it's not my cup of tea.

If you haven't already booked your flights, it might be worth checking flights to Eindhoven, as it's much closer than Amsterdam. Ryanair definitely fly between Stansted and Eindhoven and I think possibly another airport in the UK too, but I can't remember which.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

I've been planning on going with a few friends to Pinkpop 2015. However we were a little slow and weekend tickets are sold out already. I notice tickets are still available at Viagogo. The question is, are they safe? I know they're overpriced but if I buy them, can I be sure they're not fake and I will be able to attend the festival?

thanks!