The Gaslight Anthem

ryan.smith

their last two albums reached #2 and #4 in the charts, so although not quite reaching KOL levels and not having any big singles, they're doing pretty well. they've been on a steady decline with each album i think. i loved The '59 Sound but every album since has gotten slightly worse (and i thought their new one was really awful)

their last two albums reached #2 and #4 in the charts, so although not quite reaching KOL levels and not having any big singles, they're doing pretty well. they've been on a steady decline with each album i think. i loved The '59 Sound but every album since has gotten slightly worse (and i thought their new one was really awful)

See I love the new one, I think it's up there as being almost as good as The '59 Sound and is probably my second favourite by them now

Fingers crossed! Although they seem to be in Europe every Summer and have only played twice, so won't get my hopes up until they're on the line-up anouncement (and even then I'll be wary seeing as they announced for 2010 then taken off the poster a week later haha - they hadn't even been asked apparently!)

Massive fan of Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound but have found their last 3 albums a bit bland in comparison. Same goes for live shows. Brilliant at their own shows and on smaller festival stages (mainly tents) but found them pretty boring the last 3 times I've seen them on an outdoor stage at festivals. Headling JP would be perfect for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't imagine they would go from Europe over to Glasto for one day then back to Europe, as they'll mainly just be travelling through Europe on a bus - wouldn't make financial or logistical sense.

Hopefully should mean at last some UK shows in the Summer though

Prob more likely for the late July and August festivals. Seen as only just finished UK tour.

Could still do Friday, I can only find two festivals they're doing that weekend so far

they're playing Provinssi in Finland, which starts on the Wednesday before.

couldn't find any info on what day they're playing, or if the acts properly start from Wednesday, or if there's a day or 2 of stuff before the main bands like TGA start...

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Gaslight+Anthem/+events

it would be a bit of a stretch for them to play Finland Wednesday, Glastonbury Friday, then Sweden Saturday, and Denmark Sunday.

even just looking at a map of where the festivals are on, I'd say those 3 will be their lot for that weekend. it's a 15 hour drive from the Finland festival to the Swedish one.

best case scenario, there's a few other bands doing the same thing and there's a plane chartered for a few bands+amps+instruments, but that's really clutching at straws...

Edited by ghostdancer1