The Gaslight Anthem

ryan.smith

So I saw them on the first night of their UK tour this week in Manchester. Absolutely phenomenal (although as my favourite band, I am biased).

I would love to see them back in 2015. Seeing them on the JP stage with Bruce appearing (and then Brian guesting with The Boss later that night) back in 2009 was fantastic.

And then 2011 on the Pyramid was amazing: early Saturday afternoon, the sun breaking through after about 36 hours of rain, walking on-stage to the sax solo from Jungleland, then a set over an hour long - incredible!

They've sold out pretty much the entirety of this tour I believe (2 nights at Manchester Apollo, Ally Pally, Cardiff Arena, Birmingham Academy and Edinburgh Corn Exchange) so they're very popular. I would love to seem them move up the Pyramid or up towards the top of the Other.

Seen them last night, it's the quietest I've ever seen the Apollo. They sold the Monday out and added a second date which didn't! Thought the sound was poor early on last night, but yeah deffo a few surprises in the set and they've been mixing it up a fair bit so far on the European tour so it keeps you guessing which is good! Would love to seem them at Glasto, Other stage late afternoon!

Great gig in Manchester. Stumbled upon them a good few years ago at Leeds fest playing the lock up stage.

Wouldn't mind if Brian did a Horrible Crowes set if he's about at Glasto as well

I saw him and Ian Perkins do a HC set on the Revival Tour with Chuck Ragan a couple of years ago. It was fantastic

Great gig in Manchester. Stumbled upon them a good few years ago at Leeds fest playing the lock up stage.

Wouldn't mind if Brian did a Horrible Crowes set if he's about at Glasto as well

Add them to the all new Crow Stage.

Counting Crows

Black Crowes

Sheryl Crow

Hirrible Crows

Crow Black Chicken

Was actually really impressed by them, their sound filled the arena well. Although it wasn't particularly busy so not sure how well it actually sold. Band were on top form and a lot better than when I saw them the first time! Hadn't actually heard the new album but everything off of it sounded good to me. Massive setlist from what it seemed. Felt like close to thirty songs. Would definitely go see them again if they play Glasto.

I was at the Cardiff gig too. Thought they were excellent. Their songs came across so well live. They must have played 25-30 songs and a mixture from across all their albums. They've been mixing up their setlist a bit from what I gather and seemed to be deciding it as they went along which was quite nice. Not much chat, just song after song. Very good indeed.

I've bloody loved then for a few years now and I have always hoped they would at some point make the leap upwards in popularity/venues. I thought they might "do a Kings of Leon" - in terms of make a few albums of small success in the UK and then break through with a big album. I guess that chance has now passed but it's great to see them still selling out tours without any real album/single smashes.

Second on Other this year? I think unlikely to return to Pyramid this time. Too big for JP unless they headline? Or am I exaggerating them?