The Cure

Justiceforcedave

Basically, he should come out, run through Lovecats, Killing an Arab, 10.15, A Forest, Why Can't I be You, Friday I'm in Love, Never Enough, Inbetween days, Close to You, Boys don't Cry and then disappear.

Would be wonderful.

Well it wouldn't as you would have missed out Sleep when I'm Dead, Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Lullaby, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years and Disintergration?!

I'd be dissapointed anyway :P

• 1 month later...

They've got an album out so I'm sure they'll do something, at least.

They were on about a 'world tour' when they announced the album but that doesn't mean a lot. I'd love love LOVE them to headline the Pyramid, but they're definitely not going to be one of the first choices for it.

Probably end up doing Eden Sessions/Jodrell Bank or something.

I saw them last night for the third time (Reading and RAH being the past two) and yesterday's performance was the first time they had captivated me for the entire 3 hours. That's not to say they past times were bad but perhaps knowing more songs/being closer helped grab my attention.

The Cure playing next year would just get me so happy it's silly, so lets not get our hopes up ;)

Probably end up doing Eden Sessions/Jodrell Bank or something.

A Jodrell Bank show would be immense - I've heard a fair few people say their favourite gigs are from there, which in large part is obviously due to the wonderful surroundings :)

I had the best time watching them at Bestival. The ultimate night. Watched it with some randoms because my mates weren't fussed about seeing them, and whilst I was chatting to them asking about their festival and that waiting for The Cure to come on, my phone started buzzing mental getting texts from other people I knew who were at the festival but hadn't travelled with saying my name had come up on the big screens (I wasn't looking at the screens), telling me I had won a competition that I had entered before the festival, and I won Robert Smiths guitar.

So I am now the proud owner of a Schecter Ultracure guitar with Bestival artwork all over it and it looks pretty as fuck and smells of almonds. It also sounds good to play, its not just stuck on the wall gathering dust, however it weighs about 3 tonnes, something Robert Smith mentioned during his Bestival set because he was going to play it for the whole set but it was too heavy.

Anyway, yeah they should play Glasto

Edited by Staff_Sav

Oh, you won the guitar did you? Git! I was after that! :D

It will be sods law that they will do Glastonbury next year as I don't have a ticket for the first time in 5 years (although I have seen them a couple of times this year and last year too so not entirely the end of the world but still!)