Open'er Festival 2015

mln

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone is going to visit Open'er for the first time?

I been thinking about going there after Rock Werchter. I know both festivals are sharing many acts, but from what I can remember they still bringing big names while Rock Werchter already sold out (Faith No More, Jack White last year).

How is this festival in comparison to Rock Werchter?

Edited by e2p2

I only know that you can't drink alcohol during the concerts (like in all Poland).

Thanx. I heard about that in Poland but I was more interested about ways of getting in and out the festival area, atmosphere, timing, etc...

I know Poland is pretty cheap but that's all I know.

Thanx. I heard about that in Poland but I was more interested about ways of getting in and out the festival area, atmosphere, timing, etc...

I know Poland is pretty cheap but that's all I know.

We stopped in nearby Sopot this year and then got the train to Gdynia (15 mins) and then the shuttle bus to the fest from there. The only problem I had was the walk from the drop off point to the actual festival. Bit of a trek after 4 days.

The atmosphere is great. You were able to walk extremely close to the stage for a good spot even if you walked up to the stage 2 mins before the band came on. However everyone around you were still up for it. Better atmosphere than I've seen at any UK festival.

You can only drink in designated drinking areas but I saw plenty of people with small bottles of vodka during performances so Id recommend you do that. Great selection off alcohol there as well for when there's no one on. Can even pick up pints of Guinness and Desperado.

I didn't really see it as a festival though. You'd probably see 4 bands a day which is more like a stadium gig. There's also huge gaps between some. Think there was a 1hr 45 mins gap on the main stage whilst there was no one on each day. You'd think they could easily stick someone on to take up the time. If they haven't got the funds just put it as a three day festival so you could see 6 bands each day.

Sopot, Gdynia and Gdansk are fantastic places though. They are the main reason why I'm tempted to go back next year. If the line ups half decent then I'd recommend it for them. £100 for four days. Pearl Jam was £60 in Leeds alone so if there's a few decent acts there I'd be tempted.

Thanx @stylishkids.

I saw that long gaps you pointed on in 2014 clashfinder, but looking at the 2013 one, I saw that there are only 15 minutes between bands in the main stage. I wonder what will be this year..

How far the stages are from each other?

Where is the drop off point of the shuttle bus going from the festival site?

Thanx @stylishkids.

I saw that long gaps you pointed on in 2014 clashfinder, but looking at the 2013 one, I saw that there are only 15 minutes between bands in the main stage. I wonder what will be this year..

How far the stages are from each other?

Where is the drop off point of the shuttle bus going from the festival site?

The problem is that the organizer's doesn't give exact time of band's sets. I created clashfinder for 2014 and it's more accurate than 2013. On 2013 bands played shorter than it was shown in program about hour set each.

The area is really big I think it's more than 1.3 km between main stage and tent stage you will walk a lot and a lot of shows will clash :)

The problem is that the organizer's doesn't give exact time of band's sets. I created clashfinder for 2014 and it's more accurate than 2013. On 2013 bands played shorter than it was shown in program about hour set each.

The area is really big I think it's more than 1.3 km between main stage and tent stage you will walk a lot and a lot of shows will clash :)

That doesn't seem to be very well organized.. I guess its pretty hard to plan your own schedule like this. :)

That doesn't seem to be very well organized.. I guess its pretty hard to plan your own schedule like this. :)

Don't be mistaken the festival is very very well organized they are thinking about everything - insanly good food, enough toilets, free shuttles to the Gdynia and safety on concert is really big thing there so be prepared to be searched every time you enter the area. Just the schedule is a bit mess I think it's because they want the band to play as much as they want so they are giving just the time of start.

What I didn't like is that the area is closed until 15-16pm that is too ate for me they should spread the great bands from 13pm to midnight and there would be better chance to see all bands. But you could see the Gdynia Sopot and Gdansk in the meantime if you like to travel. There are some theatres playing in the morning but I don't speak polish so nothing for me and there is a lot of walking but I wanted to see many bands so it's my fault :)

There is the best crowd every time I've never been to british festival but the FIB is basically british and the crowd is much more alive and bands seem to like it very much.

I probably won't go this year and it seems that they are struggling with headliners and finance so I don't know what to expect.

Edited by muflon

Don't be mistaken the festival is very very well organized they are thinking about everything - insanly good food, enough toilets, free shuttles to the Gdynia and safety on concert is really big thing there so be prepared to be searched every time you enter the area. Just the schedule is a bit mess I think it's because they want the band to play as much as they want so they are giving just the time of start.

What I didn't like is that the area is closed until 15-16pm that is too ate for me they should spread the great bands from 13pm to midnight and there would be better chance to see all bands. But you could see the Gdynia Sopot and Gdansk in the meantime if you like to travel. There are some theatres playing in the morning but I don't speak polish so nothing for me and there is a lot of walking but I wanted to see many bands so it's my fault :)

There is the best crowd every time I've never been to british festival but the FIB is basically british and the crowd is much more alive and bands seem to like it very much.

I probably won't go this year and it seems that they are struggling with headliners and finance so I don't know what to expect.

Thanx mate, Ill keep an eye on their lineup as it seems that tickets never sale out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been there and can recommend a good accommodation? I am not too keen on camping and I'd like to stay somewhere (hotel, hostel, B&B,...) that allows me to easily get to the festival by public transport!

Thanks

you can stay wherever you want in the city centre of Gdynia. There is a shuttle bus which takes you to the drop off zone at the festival.

• 2 weeks later...

Of Monsters and Men are a good addition. I'd probably catch Modest Mouse and Django Django too.

Second headliner announced next week it seems too. No idea what is taking them so long. Plenty of potential headliners knocking about for them. Florence, The Prodigy, Noel Gallagher, Underworld, Bjork, Mumford, Drake, The Strokes, Pharell, possibly Coldplay. Surely they can't be struggling to fill the last 2 spots.