primavera festival 2015

zahidf

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work mate, you won't regret it. I really want to go but I have already bought a ticket to see Ride at Field Day in London on the Sunday. Currently considering going to the fest and then getting a flight back to London at something like 7am on the Sunday! (I would flog my Field Day ticket but loads of my mates have booked too and I'm The One Who Lives in London!)

Edited by Homer

Hey how likely is Barcelona to sell out this year do we reckon? Can't book my tickets for another week.

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Actually I don't recall any edition being sold out.

EDIT: Apparently in 2013 they sold out in March but that year they had Blur which I think sells way more tickets than this year's headliners combined.

Edited by alsafer

• 3 weeks later...

Has there ever been talk of this festival introducing camping? Despite Primavera having the most consistently best lineups in Europe, if not the world, the fact you can't camp obviously means you end up paying a fair bit more than 99% of festivals and it's not nearly as fun. It's a festival that I still want to go to, probably more than once, but if they were to introduce camping it would really cement it's place as one of the best festivals.

Has there been talks? Is it even logistically possible?

Has there ever been talk of this festival introducing camping? Despite Primavera having the most consistently best lineups in Europe, if not the world, the fact you can't camp obviously means you end up paying a fair bit more than 99% of festivals and it's not nearly as fun. It's a festival that I still want to go to, probably more than once, but if they were to introduce camping it would really cement it's place as one of the best festivals.

Has there been talks? Is it even logistically possible?

No.

Just the location, it's on the beach but the festival area is mainly concrete. There's nowhere to camp either as the surrounding area is commercial/residential. Plenty of nice hotels though.

Edit. the above is the Barcelona festival, no idea about the Porto one.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Just the location, it's on the beach but the festival area is mainly concrete. There's nowhere to camp either as the surrounding area is commercial/residential. Plenty of nice hotels though.

Edit. the above is the Barcelona festival, no idea about the Porto one.

Ahhh okay, thanks. Just an excuse to go to an extra festival to get the camping fix!

The line-up looks great for the most part, but I'm not that interested in many of the bigger names. Just been reading about the way the two main stages never overlap, so will there be plenty on elsewhere that I'll have heard of whilst that lot are on? Not interested in seeing The Black Keys, Ride, Alt-J, or The Strokes.

I'll be on my own, and would be quite keen to drink some alcohol and meet people from the internet. hmu

Edited by bocumaroy

The line-up looks great for the most part, but I'm not that interested in many of the bigger names. Just been reading about the way the two main stages never overlap, so will there be plenty on elsewhere that I'll have heard of whilst that lot are on? Not interested in seeing The Black Keys, Ride, Alt-J, or The Strokes.

I'll be on my own, and would be quite keen to drink some alcohol and meet people from the internet. hmu

It'll be my first year there so I can't offer much knowledge but looking at last year's clashfinder it seems there are a lot of stages and very few acts on each. Should be quite easy to avoid the big guns and see who you want to see...

http:///m/psb2014/?user=03c3k5.z9

I feel a mini e-fests Primavera meet is on the cards :P

That'd be nice.

It'll be my first year there so I can't offer much knowledge but looking at last year's clashfinder it seems there are a lot of stages and very few acts on each. Should be quite easy to avoid the big guns and see who you want to see...

http:///m/psb2014/?user=03c3k5.z9

Yeah, looking at that I reckon ATP and Pitchfork should do me nicely. Plus the likes of Patti Smith, Interpol, B&S on the larger stages, if that's where they are.

I'm kind of afraid of the schedule release... clashes are bound to be awful this year. Lots of great acts.

Is that likely to be soon? I'm putting off delving into all the acts on the lineup who appeal to me, just to avoid unnecessary clash disappointment.

Edited by bocumaroy

Is that likely to be soon? I'm putting off delving into all the acts on the lineup who appeal to me, just to avoid unnecessary clash disappointment.

I think for most festivals it's about a month before, so we'll probably have to wait a while. You can listen to stuff who'll be on different days,

From my mates tales of last year you need to get down quite early if you're aiming for any of the indoor gigs, otherwise it can be a long queue. You have to have got your wristband and card before you go and it's just like getting in to the festival. I went down to the festival site itself for Sky Ferreira and it was easy to get in as there's a lot more capacity there.

I'm staying in an apartment in Eixample with a group of about 11 of us - most of which went last year as well. It's a huge plus being able to get proper sleep, especially with the music going on to 6/7 in the morning and not starting until late afternoon.

The line-ups also got a lot of strength in depth. It doesn't have the same appeal for me at the top but every time I look at it there's someone else that I want to see that I'd forgotten about or not realised.