primavera festival 2015

zahidf

First time at Primavera for me too, and absolutely loved it.

Highlights for me were: - Caribou, who were tight af; The Replacements, who put on agreat show despite it only being half the original lineup; James Blake, whose slot suited him perfectly; Damien Rice, who was wonderful at sunset. Other stand out acts for me included Patti Smith, alt-j (yes, I'm one of the few!), Brand New, DFA79, The Black Keys (but their drummer is shocking), and the DJ Coco closing party! Was quite disappointed by Sleater-Kinney, thought their sound didn't vary enough across such a long set, and I was disappointed with Viet Cong too - despite really enjoying them on record. In saying this, I was really far back and so maybe that was a factor, but their sound was quite disjointed to me.

As far as The Strokes go, I had ludicrously high expectations. As a huge fan (see dp), I was monumentally excited and, contrary to some opinion on here, I thought that they were excellent. I am very critical of The Strokes because of certain aspects/times of their career, but I thought they sounded absolutely on point - especially Julian. Personally, I think Julian has never been much of an eccentric performer, and I don't think he wants to be rolling around the floor and running about the stage at 36 years old. They sound far, far better live now than they did on the Angles tour, which they were practically dragged into kicking and screaming. Overall, I was hugely impressed by them.

To sum up, the festival was incredible, and I am already planning for next year.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems as though Julian doesn't even enjoy playing with them anymore.

Are you thinking of heading to Primavera next year?

Yeah it does seem that way but then again he seems a moody f*ck in general :P Either way, I can't see them going on much longer

I was hoping to go again but I don't think I'll be able to make the dates now that they've moved it a week later (I can't really get time off at the beginning of the month with my job). Pretty gutted :/

Are you planning to go back?

Just got back from Nos Primavera Sound in Porto. Excellently run festival in a great setting. The way they run the schedule with alternating stages for acts was ace, Never waited more than 10 minutes for an act to come on stage and with the way the stages are set into the bottom of a hill there's not a bad spot in the place to see an act. Walked straight to the front for Caribou last on Thursday night which says it all.

Couldn't believe how cheap it was too over there, both in the city and inside the festival gates.

Would go back in a heartbeat.

Yeah it does seem that way but then again he seems a moody f*ck in general :P Either way, I can't see them going on much longer

I was hoping to go again but I don't think I'll be able to make the dates now that they've moved it a week later (I can't really get time off at the beginning of the month with my job). Pretty gutted :/

Are you planning to go back?

I heard him playing with the voidz wasn't much better though. It's a shame because I love their first couple of records.

That's a shame, there's always Glastonbury though!

It actually benefits me that they've moved it back because it hopefully won't clash with any impending exams!