Where to stay Tuesday night....

Stretlow

Several decent places to stay in Frome....10 miles East from festival site.....some good pubs and decent grub choices...

All these are in middle of town and have rooms/food....

- The Archangel - boutique coaching inn...cocktails...bistro food...bath's in bedrooms

- The George Hotel - traditional town hotel/pub...Wadworths ales...food...new rooms in annex

- The Cornerhouse - bistro/pub/hotel...

Best pub in town is The Three Swans....50m from The Archangel....Bellringer on draught...big gin choice....good crowd....dogs everywhere but food is limited to homemade scotch eggs and pork pies. Otherwise a short walk from town to The Griffin which is the Milk Street Brewery tap....good range of ales...lively at weekends....limited food though

Away from Frome you could try The George in Nunney village...or as someone else said Bruton is nice...couple of decent pubs etc...nearer to the festival site...best rooms/restaurant go to 'At The Chapel' in middle of the high street....very nice.

Several decent places to stay in Frome....10 miles East from festival site.....some good pubs and decent grub choices...

All these are in middle of town and have rooms/food....

- The Archangel - boutique coaching inn...cocktails...bistro food...bath's in bedrooms

- The George Hotel - traditional town hotel/pub...Wadworths ales...food...new rooms in annex

- The Cornerhouse - bistro/pub/hotel...

Best pub in town is The Three Swans....50m from The Archangel....Bellringer on draught...big gin choice....good crowd....dogs everywhere but food is limited to homemade scotch eggs and pork pies. Otherwise a short walk from town to The Griffin which is the Milk Street Brewery tap....good range of ales...lively at weekends....limited food though

Away from Frome you could try The George in Nunney village...or as someone else said Bruton is nice...couple of decent pubs etc...nearer to the festival site...best rooms/restaurant go to 'At The Chapel' in middle of the high street....very nice.

Thank you for this... I'll def take a look

Stret

Stayed at The George in Frome this year (broken collar bone = no camping) and it was OK. Comfortable, if a little dated, room and a great breakfast. If your room is on the front, it's a bit noisy but nothing shocking. Would recommend it for sure

Good to hear. You may have been there just before they opened the newly refurb'd rooms that are essentially in the buiding next door above the Fat Face shop....accessed by a new walkway between the two. The rooms in the main building are due to be closed for refurb soon.

If you are getting the train to Glasto then the station you will be leaving from is Paddington in the West end. A nearby area to that with lots of hotels is Bayswater, it's easy to get to the main sites such as Hyde Park and Oxford Street from there. If your taking a coach then you will be leaving from Victoria which does have some hotel options but pretty dull (I work there) , unless you just want to look at Buckingham Palace.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Rlm86

If you are getting the train to Glasto then the station you will be leaving from is Paddington in the West end.

If you're getting the train to Glasto, I'd recommend not doing it from London. Look at this thing I put together this year - it lists the first trains into Castle Cary (nearest station to the festival) and surprisingly, London suffers from the latest arrival time of anywhere. You'd be better off staying in Castle Cary the night before and getting the first shuttle bus to the site at 7am.

Glasto2014_trains_zps560f183b.jpg

I've not actually been to The Three Swans before, but popped in last night based on your recommendation, and you're right. It's a gorgeous little place, very friendly crowd and a good selection of drinks and reasonable prices. I was impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at The George in Frome this year (broken collar bone = no camping) and it was OK. Comfortable, if a little dated, room and a great breakfast. If your room is on the front, it's a bit noisy but nothing shocking. Would recommend it for sure

Could you please tell me more about how you got to the campsite during the festival? Did you go by car to and from the festivalsite to the hotel? where did you park it? I'm from Holland, just searching for all options to stay at or around the festival. Thanks!

Hi

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend. I broke my collar bone in the run up to the festival so couldn't camp. My girlfriend drive from the hotel to the festival most days, though on one occasion we went to Shepton Mallet then got the bus to the festival and back. I think you can get the bus from opposite The George to Shelton then the bus to the festival. You'd probably need to get a cab back from Shepton to the hotel on the way back at night.

If you're just staying the night before the festival, I'd just get a cab to Shepton then get the shuttle bus to the festival. The shuttle drops you offs right at gate A

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much you have to spend but we justified this in 2010 on the basis that it was our honeymoon. Pricey but lovely. A shot walk from Charmouth beach & a short drive from lovely Lyme Regis. It is about a 30 - 40 minute drive from the site, joining from the south, with minimal traffic.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g551707-d1099660-Reviews-Abbots_House-Charmouth_Bridport_Dorset_England.html

Edited by amfy