Der Ring 2015 (Nürburgring)

Noeliam

The article keeps disappearing (this if it comes back) but there's word on the continent that the DEAG events' sales are flagging a bit. 4,000 each so far for Der Ring and Rock in Vienna and a healthier 15,000 for Rockavaria, while RaR and RiP have sold 90,000 between them. Thought it might be of interest and makes you think about this German festival battle thing going on. I didn't realise those figures would be that bad two or three weeks into the sales but it's got tongues wagging.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking in going to the Munich sister festival (Rockavaria) cause a friend of mine is living there, but he told me not to buy my flights and tickets yet because lot of people in Germany think that this festival will be cancelled if during Xmas they dont sell a huge quantity of tickets. Does anybody have any information?? That fact is that they are dead in Facebook (3 weeks without posting) and lot of bad comments down their posts. What's wrong with that festival? Imo, the line-up is almost perfect if you love rock music!!

• 2 months later...

It's a mess. Rockavaria seems to be going relatively well with 33.000 (?) tickets sold, while rumours for Grüne Hölle say something around 7-10.000. That's underwhelming by any standard.

I cant understand it. I know they have a lot of festivals in Germany this year but the lineup is way too good for 7k-10k of tickets sales.

I cant understand it. I know they have a lot of festivals in Germany this year but the lineup is way too good for 7k-10k of tickets sales.

Most of the lineup is metal, which isn't popular enough in Germany for a festival this size. (Wacken is a different thing)

The whole Muse-day doesn't really fit the rest of the lineup and almost no one will buy a full festival ticket just for them. Metallica played RaR last year. Also Rock am Ring is huge in Germany by reputation alone and their lineup this year is impressive. Add the higher price for Grüne Hölle and shortage in names the further you look down the lineup and there you go.

http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/dienstleister/deag-und-capricorn-rockfestival-am-nuerburgring-droht-das-aus/11564194-all.html

According to this article, ticket sales are going so bad that the organisers cannot fullfill the financial agreements towards the owners of the field. There's a risk of it getting cancelled.

Wait what?!?!

What's the latest they can cancel it?Me and my mate got tickets especially to see Muse and Metallica, I've always dreamed of them sharing the same bill & will be heartbroken if they cancel it.I've just got a passport for the first time ever and made all the travel arrangements.

Wait what?!?!

What's the latest they can cancel it?Me and my mate got tickets especially to see Muse and Metallica, I've always dreamed of them sharing the same bill & will be heartbroken if they cancel it.I've just got a passport for the first time ever and made all the travel arrangements.

They are expected to decide this week!

Wirtschaftswoche says that the festival will be moved to Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen, one of the biggest football stadiums in Germany: http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/dienstleister/gruene-hoelle-rock-nuerburgring-festival-vor-verlegung-auf-schalke/11574328.html.

To clarify: Nothing is safe yet but it seems to be pretty likely.

im off to Rock in Vienna which is run by the same people .....no idea how ticket sales are going in that ....less bands and more expensive than the two german ones

think ticket sales are okish for it but I have been worried for a while about it going ahead

I assume they'll give something like a 20 euro rebate; however if I'm honest the whole move doesn't seem that well thought through. Do they think they're going to make up some money from tickets on the door?

"Well I was gonna go home and watch The Chase but actually I do fancy paying 300 euro to see Muse in a half-empty stadium tonight"

I assume they'll give something like a 20 euro rebate; however if I'm honest the whole move doesn't seem that well thought through. Do they think they're going to make up some money from tickets on the door?

"Well I was gonna go home and watch The Chase but actually I do fancy paying 300 euro to see Muse in a half-empty stadium tonight"

They're already giving discounts for some weeks now. Cheap day-tickets and stuff. Gelsenkirchen is in the middle of Ruhrgebiet, the most densely populated region in Germany, but the move would be a huge confession of failure.

Edit: SWR says that the move is indeed happening.

Edited by rzwodezwo