Muppetmark

Taylor Swift

I'l be the one to say it, because i'l take whatever backlash follows

it looks like she's coming to the UK specifically for Glastonbury.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe shes coming because BST have paid a fuck load of money for someone who might actually sell it out? :P (Aside from the Stones :P)

but i suppose all these 'music purists' would see her as a more credible choice than Beyonce due to her writing her own songs / playing an instrument etc

No I'd put her in the exact same catagory as Beyonce etc. quite happily. I find it quite weird how people see her, but thats marketing for you.

Infact given how her fans behave, I'm more inclinded to think of her the female/american version of 1D.

Edited by LondonTom

i'd be happy with her as a headliner, but the outcry from others would be hilarious. i honestly hadn't even considered her as a 'credible' headliner / something the organisers would go for, but i suppose all these 'music purists' would see her as a more credible choice than Beyonce due to her writing her own songs / playing an instrument etc

Nah, I don't reckon so. She seems to have drawn some pretty horrified reactions from some on here, which is why I'm enjoying flaunting my support for her being booked quite so much.

Thanks matt. I know you get a bit of stick on here, but you provide a great service to millions of people.

It's my job

Those dates also look like she's ruled out for V Festival and T in the park. I thought they might try and book her as a headliner/sub...

Didn't realise that they ruled her out of them too?

Wow so if she's going to do any other UK festivals it's Glasto or Big weekend? But the tour doesn't start till May, and the May dates are in the US so she's probably out of that too!

What's wrong with pointing out likeliness? This is a festival forum?

That's not what you do. You find a possible act and start saying "Face it guys, they're playing", etc.

Remember KOL?

Stones for TITP?

Drake?

And then your made up "info" is even worse.

That's not what you do. You find a possible act and start saying "Face it guys, they're playing", etc.

Remember KOL?

Stones for TITP?

Drake?

And then your made up "info" is even worse.

I don't remember the KOL one.

It's my job

Didn't realise that they ruled her out of them too?

Wow so if she's going to do any other UK festivals it's Glasto or Big weekend? But the tour doesn't start till May, and the May dates are in the US so she's probably out of that too!

She's playing in Canada the weekend of T in the park 10th - 12th July

I might actually have been too quick to rule her out for V. She's got a packed US tour schedule for August when V is. Although she's not totally ruled out as if V is the 22nd August, she has that weekend free. She could fly back to the UK for it, she has the 18th - 24th August off.

Surely if she was only doing Hyde Park for BST they would have advertised her as a festival exclusive? Seems like every fest is mentioning these 'exclusive' bookings these days but I can't see anything on the press release stating that anyway.

I hope she's there anyway. New albums great.

She's playing in Canada the weekend of T in the park 10th - 12th July

I might actually have been too quick to rule her out for V. She's got a packed US tour schedule for August when V is. Although she's not totally ruled out as if V is the 22nd August, she has that weekend free. She could fly back to the UK for it, she has the 18th - 24th August off.

There's actually a 4-5 day gap in the US tour for V.

August 15, 2015 – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium August 17, 2015 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena August 18, 2015 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena August 25, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center August 26, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center

Edited by Matt42

There's actually a 4-5 day gap in the US tour for V.

August 15, 2015 – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium August 17, 2015 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena August 18, 2015 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena August 25, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center August 26, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center

That is literally what he said in the post you quoted.

I don't remember the KOL one.

In the lead up to 2013 (I think), he found out KOL had some arena/stadium dates around Glastonbury, so started a thread about it, and with every post he got more adamant they were headlining, and in the end was just saying "Face it guys, KOL are headlining". Despite everyone telling him it meant nothing. Or something like that. Can't find it now.

Her new album sold 1.3M in it's first week in the US

which is bigger than any female US debut ever. e.

although that record won't stand by the time the festival rolls around
  • Downvote 1

hehehe, I'd literally never heard of her a week ago. Now, I really hope she plays.

Isn't there something about headliners not doing more than 3 UK dates around the festival? Sure I seen something like that on here.

no true.

Glasto don't put conditions onto their headliners.

Surely the more plausible reason there's a gap in her dates between 27/6 and 6/7 is because she'll add loads more European dates. She's announced a 'world tour' with just five dates outside the US, and three of them in the UK. That seems bizarre enough, but the gap suggests a bunch more European dates, to me.

I do hope she plays Glastonbury (although not at the expense of a better headliner) but I think there's a far more likely reason for the 'Glasto gap' than Glasto.

Isn't there something about headliners not doing more than 3 UK dates around the festival? Sure I seen something like that on here.

I'm usually someone who brings up this rule all the time when acts like Rihanna tour around the festival and everyone shits themselves, but it is specifically more than 3 dates.

I have to admit, those dates make her look quite likely for the renowned 'shit Sunday slot'. Seems a while since Stevie Wonder headlined, the last decent act to finish the festival on the Pyramid :(

Don't want her as one of the headliners to be honest, I've not heard much other than her hits but I've always been a bit bemused by her 'country music star' status.

Nah, I don't reckon so. She seems to have drawn some pretty horrified reactions from some on here, which is why I'm enjoying flaunting my support for her being booked quite so much.

Yep. I was quite into her when I first suggested she’d be a good booking, but she’s fast becoming my favourite artist of all time now.

In all seriousness, I don’t get why anyone who doesn’t like her music would be in the slightest bit arsed. It’s fun to speculate about these things (well, it passes the time at least), but there’s so much else going on there. Generally I’d rather have no interest in the Pyramid headliners, although I’d definitely see Taylor if there's nothing I love on elsewhere.

Adele will blitz it.

I wouldn't be so sure, she hasn't shown her face in ages...

hehehe, I'd literally never heard of her a week ago. Now, I really hope she plays.

embrace #TeamSwift

Surely the more plausible reason there's a gap in her dates between 27/6 and 6/7 is because she'll add loads more European dates. She's announced a 'world tour' with just five dates outside the US, and three of them in the UK. That seems bizarre enough, but the gap suggests a bunch more European dates, to me.

I do hope she plays Glastonbury (although not at the expense of a better headliner) but I think there's a far more likely reason for the 'Glasto gap' than Glasto.

Possibly, it does seem very 'European light', I'l agree. But then again she can easily play glasto friday too as well as the sunday.

Edited by Matt42

I doubt she, or her people, have heard of glastonbury. Or if they have, I am sure they roared with laughter at the paycheck.

If she is as big as you people say and is at the top of her game, why on earth would she consider playing glastonbury? Its not like she needs the exposure or a boost in record sales.

She's pretty though, so for that reason I am desperate for her to play.

• Downvote 7

b2eca10b65f8588ff776d1362dac2363.jpg

"Hey Dolly, Got any tips for me? I said TIPS"

"Sure, just don't do the Benny Hill theme tune. They didn't go for that shit. Was sure they would"