Muppetmark

Taylor Swift

Isn't there something about headliners not doing more than 3 UK dates around the festival? Sure I seen something like that on here.

Where are the MF Irish dates?

Edit: not that I'm in Ireland or want to see her. Just want her to be ruled out. :P

Edited by dentalplan

She will no doubt be playing, don't know where or when but no way will she be pyramid headliner

She will no doubt be playing, don't know where or when but no way will she be pyramid headliner

I wouldn't rule her out

But I think she'll sub, and wherever she is, I'll be far, far away. Probably not even at the other stage, as if the wind is blowing from the Pyramid, I will vaguely hear her music, and I do not want that. No one wants that

See this is why people get annoyed with you. You post a link to one gig and from there go to "I think she's playing."

Anyone else goes from there to " that means she's possible." Especially when it's nearly 8 months away.

I personally couldn't care, but if she's got gig dates that fit around glasto and she's free to play. She's probably playing

What's wrong with pointing out likeliness? This is a festival forum?

wahoo

although i'm pretty sure acts have tours / gaps around Glastonbury every year, with all of us getting our hopes up, and then it doesn't end up happening. could be purely coincidence. but fingers crossed it isn't. i do feel that she's considerably bigger than your usual Glastonbury sub though, so only a headline slot would work imo

wahoo

although i'm pretty sure acts have tours / gaps around Glastonbury every year, with all of us getting our hopes up, and then it doesn't end up happening. could be purely coincidence. but fingers crossed it isn't. i do feel that she's considerably bigger than your usual Glastonbury sub though, so only a headline slot would work imo

Also, you were predicting she'd sub/play T in the park.

She's got a gig on the 6th July in Canada. So it looks like the only week she's touring the UK this summer is Glasto week.

I would be absolutely delighted! Definitely #teamswift

Properly clever girl, made her mark in the country world, made people aware she was a musician who had a big hand in her writing, won all the awards, then each album gradually shifted towards pop so she could dominate in countries where country music isn't a dominant force, making her relevant for almost a decade already (and she's still 24) and bigger with every album going.

Apparently her new album is going to be the first or second biggest debut for a female artist on the Billboard chart in America so she could definitely headline but I would definitely be happy to see her in the Shakira/Scissor Sisters pop sub slot.

• Upvote 2

Also, you were predicting she'd sub/play T in the park.

She's got a gig on the 6th July in Canada. So it looks like the only week she's touring the UK this summer is Glasto week.

i thought her UK / Europe dates might extend a bit further after the BST gig but apparently not. does look incredibly likely for Glastonbury i must say, although i still maintain that she seems massive for a sub / anywhere other than Pyramid headliner

i thought her UK / Europe dates might extend a bit further after the BST gig but apparently not. does look incredibly likely for Glastonbury i must say, although i still maintain that she seems massive for a sub / anywhere other than Pyramid headliner

I'l be the one to say it, because i'l take whatever backlash follows

it looks like she's coming to the UK specifically for Glastonbury.

~"As the London date on her global tour" - in the BST press release would suggest it's most likely she is one of the biggest acts on the planet at the moment.

~"As the London date on her global tour" - in the BST press release would suggest it's most likely she is one of the biggest acts on the planet at the moment.

Her new album sold 1.3M in it's first week in the US

which is bigger than any female US debut ever. Also sold around 100K in the UK before dental gets me.

Edited by Matt42

Isn't there something about headliners not doing more than 3 UK dates around the festival? Sure I seen something like that on here.

Yeah it's way more common that acts touring at the immediate time around Glastonbury don't play but there are outliers I guess. We'll probably learn more soon when dates are added and stuff.

Edited by dentalplan

i'd be happy with her as a headliner, but the outcry from others would be hilarious. i honestly hadn't even considered her as a 'credible' headliner / something the organisers would go for, but i suppose all these 'music purists' would see her as a more credible choice than Beyonce due to her writing her own songs / playing an instrument etc

Those dates also look like she's ruled out for V Festival and T in the park. I thought they might try and book her as a headliner/sub...

Edited by Festival Liam