Muppetmark

Taylor Swift

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Jokes how Miss Taylor gets more slated for writing songs about how she felt about relationships she had than Kanye does for saying he made that bitch famous.

Almost every male artist in the history of every musical era ever has banged on about relationships, it's weird innit.

16 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Jokes how Miss Taylor gets more slated for writing songs about how she felt about relationships she had than Kanye does for saying he made that bitch famous.

Ironic isn't it. People will follow whatever narrative it is that allows them to stick the knife in!

Pretty boring if you ask me.

Agree lads but I think yer man was on about songs where she's explicitly on about wreaking revenge like Bad Blood and Look What You've Gone and Made Me Do Now, Y' Great Ha'porth, rather than being nasty about Man Feelings. Still though, it's not like she's a Narco, there's no reason to be threatened by it.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Agree lads but I think yer man was on about songs where she's explicitly on about wreaking revenge like Bad Blood and Look What You've Gone and Made Me Do Now, Y' Great Ha'porth, rather than being nasty about Man Feelings. Still though, it's not like she's a Narco, there's no reason to be threatened by it.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:15 AM, Respectfatfrog said:

4) constant songs about how guys will miss her and she screwed them over.

Oh fair enough. Yeah that's obviously stupid.

And I've never spelt it tbh as I just throw it about irl, but I googled 'hapeth' and the dictionary approved way was there.

Rolling Stone have ranked all of Taylor's songs. Some dumb shouts and a bit muddled in my opinion but generally nice enough to flick through for those who have followed her throughout her career and appreciate the older stuff also.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/taylor-swifts-songs-all-ranked-by-rob-sheffield-w504193

20 hours ago, jyoung said:

Rolling Stone have ranked all of Taylor's songs. Some dumb shouts and a bit muddled in my opinion but generally nice enough to flick through for those who have followed her throughout her career and appreciate the older stuff also.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/taylor-swifts-songs-all-ranked-by-rob-sheffield-w504193

Watching the video of that State of Grace performance they've included has me weeping for old Tay :( 

In terms of the list, sounds like someone's a Katy Perry sympathiser, Bad Blood ain't even the worst song on 1989 let alone the worst song in a catalogue that includes LWYMMD. 

Superman's ranking is harsh. Ain't no way All You Had To Stay, Love Story, Haunted, You Belong With Me and Welcome To New York are all worse than Ready For It. And finally the boreathon that is Dear John sneaking into the top 10 raised these eyebrows into a different stratosphere ...

Top three not too far out though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

30 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Ain't no way All You Had To Stay, Love Story, Haunted, You Belong With Me and Welcome To New York are all worse than Ready For It.

This. Love Story and You Belong With Me play an important part in the history of Taylor Swift. They're also both unapologetically catchy old school pop songs. Ready For It will never come close in terms of significance.

Edited by jyoung

Would still only be a filler album track if she was writing as well as she did pre-1989 but it's a lot better yeah. Slowly getting there.

Haven't listened yet lads. No point asking if it's got any guitars or old school vibes so...

How does it shape up next to LWYMMD (banger) and Ready For It (stinker)?

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

It has a chorus!!! Even if one which rhymes face with face.

Happy to hear this! A chorus is a great start. Will report back.

even a reference to her cats can't save me from the crushing mediocrity of this track

this album is going to be a very difficult time for me, guys, #prayforamy