Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Snap. It was fantastic and dare I say quite prog at times. There was a few Gilmour-esque solos. Some of the tracks were barely recognisable from the album.

It's a bit of a forum cliche but  he would be perfect on the park. Subbing perhaps?

Yeah that's where I've pictured him. Was it me or was there way too much talking from the audience? Pissed me off in the down parts of the songs.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

You appear to have posted 2,495 times previously.

I thought I was logged in to my offensive troll account. 

On 10 February 2016 at 5:05 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anyone from here going to Four Tet at the Roundhouse this weekend? I absolutely can't wait, been wanting to see him live again for absolutely ages, think I last saw him in 2012.

Me. Been silly busy at work so haven't given it much thought but now the hour is here pretty excited. Have a great night 

I thought this was interesting, an interview with the woman whose voice is sampled in Burial's Rival Dealer EP. People might have already seen it though, it's been up for over a year.

https://yeahigot.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/that-voice-in-burials-rival-dealer-ep/

Edited by Winslow Leach

On 13/02/2016 at 3:16 PM, CHRLY said:

Yeah that's where I've pictured him. Was it me or was there way too much talking from the audience? Pissed me off in the down parts of the songs.

Yeah I noticed that too. It didn't annoy me as much as it usually does though. I think it's because the quieter bits in particular reminded me of being in a jazz club. If that makes any sense?

42 minutes ago, OBface said:

Yep amazing night! Bit gutted that it was all over half an hour before scheduled. But great great time.

I saw him tweeting some kind of explanation as to why, he said he thought his music had taken him where he wanted to go and didn't want to take it any further, which I think is cool as he's so in touch with what's he's doing 

I'm going to see him dj all night long in Subclub on Sunday night, and I can't bloody wait 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I saw him tweeting some kind of explanation as to why, he said he thought his music had taken him where he wanted to go and didn't want to take it any further, which I think is cool as he's so in touch with what's he's doing 

I'm going to see him dj all night long in Subclub on Sunday night, and I can't bloody wait 

Yeah totally get that and it did reach a conclusion. Just sad it was over :) Really hoping for some live sets from Four Tet and FP at Glastonbury this year. Oh and if you can throw a bit of Nils Frahm in there too would be just dandy (not too much to ask?!). 

On 12/02/2016 at 10:51 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

There aren't actually that many about as far as I know, I remember he did a Boiler Room from his bedroom once where he played for about 6 hours, I think most of his sets give a pretty good indication of his style so give Soundcloud a little search - also worth having a listen the Dekmantal Podcast that Four Tet did, it's a recording from his set there last year, if you have the time the Four Tet b2b Floating Points set from the last night at Plastic People is an absolute tour de force too.

Any love for Greg Wilson on these boards? He is an absolute titan in technical terms.

Hes a stone cold legend. Remember seeing him spin using reel to reel tapes. I was just stood there in awe.

I'd be surprised. Can see him 2nd on West Holts or being bunged in Silver Hayes or something. Don't think we'll get a KH live set this year though. DJ sets are probably gonna happen. He usually puts "TBA" on his live dates on his site - but nothing yet. He's got nothing on from June 15th to July 17th, both of those are in Europe.

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Sadly not, only a very small handful of my mates got tickets and I've decided to head to Sonar for a change instead, will be interesting to see what it's like with seemingly guaranteed sunshine and an apartment with a pool!

That's a shame Matt, but what a suitable replacement. They've got such a good line up this year, when you're down and in about it you'll forget Glastonbury even exists. Get tore into that panthers milk and you'll have a week to remember