bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

22 hours ago, Memory Man said:

ah man how was the b2b with gerd? gutted to miss that one!!

It was really good, great flow to it and the crowd were all really going for it, probably the only time I've had a great night in XOYO too. 

Ffs that's gonna be so busy and full of twats. sold out already

Edited by Tuna

On 9/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, Tuna said:

Ffs that's gonna be so busy and full of twats. sold out already

Hunee really seems to be in a weird state of overnight popularity. He has got very big very quickly. as you state it will be full of tools most likely.

Yeah, sold out his Pickle Factory all nighter in absolutely no time. I mean, I think he's great, but his growth has been absolutely astronomical

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, sold out his Pickle Factory all nighter in absolutely no time. I mean, I think he's great, but his growth has been absolutely astronomical

Not had the pleasure of seeing Hunee yet and tbh the only reason I've heard of him is because of the hype on here.  Is there somebody similar you could compare him to so I have an idea of what he's like?

4 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Not had the pleasure of seeing Hunee yet and tbh the only reason I've heard of him is because of the hype on here.  Is there somebody similar you could compare him to so I have an idea of what he's like?

Antal of course. But he has that crate digger vibe that is going down so well these days -- think Floating Points or Ben UFO. His energy is what makes the sets great though, the boy is just electric. 

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Antal of course. But he has that crate digger vibe that is going down so well these days -- think Floating Points or Ben UFO. His energy is what makes the sets great though, the boy is just electric. 

Thanks!  Your last point about his energy is what I love about Black Madonna.  Hopefully I'll get to see him at some point and understand the hype

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Thanks!  Your last point about his energy is what I love about Black Madonna.  Hopefully I'll get to see him at some point and understand the hype

You can get a great feel for it from some of his sets online - even this from 4 years ago showcases it perfectly

I managed to miss him all 3 times at Glastonbury and in Dublin earlier in the year, hopefully he makes a return sooner rather than later.

Bit of a random one this. 

I have a potential gig coming up with my new project, Healthy Boy and it's going to be at The Windmill, Brixton on October 22nd. It's influenced by Suicide, ADULT., Soft Cell, Depeche Mode, The Human League. Sorta dark, synth based post-punk type stuff. I'm currently on the look out for any London Based people who are good with synthesizers and electronic equipment who would be interested in playing in a group with me. The Windmill is a pretty decent venue and it'll be quite a big deal if I get my first gig there. 

So if you are interested, or are friends with anyone who might be interested then please let me know. If you want I can bung up a shit demo I uploaded to SoundCloud. 

Far too un cool and out the loop these days on the electronic/dance scene. However I did go to see Layo & Bushwacka in Brighton last weekend and it was bloody great, all 4 hours of it. Lovestory still goes down a treat, a timeless classic.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Wow - all one night?

Yep! 9th of December. Fantastic bookings all round, been wanting to see Helena Hauff and Hunee for ages!

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

Yep! 9th of December. Fantastic bookings all round, been wanting to see Helena Hauff and Hunee for ages!

Jeez. Massive. Enjoy! 

If any of you lot want to go to see Godspeed You Black Emperor, Omar Souleyman, Liars, The Field and a whole load of other people in Manchester on october 28th, I'll sell you my ticket for £20 (it's on dice but think I can transfer it) 

On 10/6/2017 at 3:53 PM, The60ftOctopus said:

Anyone going to Simple Things? 

Think I'll be spending most of my time at Lakota. 

yep!

Altho probably going to be a sucka and see Daphni even tho its at the academy. I love the lineup this year, Omar Souleyman, HMLTD, Wild Beasts, Daphni, Talking heads thing, Shanti Celeste on the terrace - amazing really.

Would like to see Roi Perez and Sassy J at Lakota but probably wont make it down there so late after a full day of boozing and bands

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Anyone else going to this? I missed out on the Barbican show earlier this year.

sasha-the-roundhouse.jpg

Is the bridgewater hall not a sit down venue? 

Really digging daphni's album. That is all.