Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

24 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

100%. Get her to the spider, or at the very least Genosys.

I'd been hearing a few people being very sniffy about her but she really nailed it at WHP. 

Yeah, I've heard some less than kind comments too, but I don't know why. I guess it depends on what floats your boat. From what I've seen of her online and now live, she is exactly my kind of artist. I barely recognised a track on Friday, but everything blended beautifully and it was a seamless, magical 2 hours for me.

#teamgetninatothespider2017

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, I've heard some less than kind comments too, but I don't know why. I guess it depends on what floats your boat. From what I've seen of her online and now live, she is exactly my kind of artist. I barely recognised a track on Friday, but everything blended beautifully and it was a seamless, magical 2 hours for me.

#teamgetninatothespider2017

Ben

The two I always hear are either that she's only as successful as she is because of her looks, or she's letting herself be objectified to get ahead, both of which couldn't be more obvious proxies for "ladies, DJing? What's that all about?"

23 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I really, really enjoyed Warehouse Project last night.

Main room was definitely way too packed for Four Tet but to be honest he was disappointing anyway, we went and saw Black Madonna instead, who was great. 

Floating Points was up there with my favourite ever live sets and Nina Kraviz was great. 

Funny you say that, I thought Four Tet outdid even himself on Saturday at WHP and reckon it's the best DJ set I've ever seen.  Leon Vynehall and Black Madonna were also outstanding.

Night was definitely oversold but it didn't have much of an impact on my night, I thought the venue was great.  Travelling back up from London this Friday for Bonobo and Jon Hopkins :thumbsu:

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

How was the sound/volume on Genosys this year? If it was anything like previous years, I wouldn't want her anywhere near that thing during the dark hours.

I was only there on the Thursday for prosumer and honey soundsystem but the sound was excellent, much better than before.

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Funny you say that, I thought Four Tet outdid even himself on Saturday at WHP and reckon it's the best DJ set I've ever seen.  Leon Vynehall and Black Madonna were also outstanding.

Night was definitely oversold but it didn't have much of an impact on my night, I thought the venue was great.  Travelling back up from London this Friday for Bonobo and Jon Hopkins :thumbsu:

I think if the crowd had been a bit less rammed I might have stuck with Four Tet and enjoyed more of it (I know he played his Opus remix later in the night and I think I heard him playing Functions on the Low when I went to the toilet at one point) but I thought the first 15 or so minutes were very repetitive and a bit dull. I'm sure he was building up to something great but it was hard to get into it when you could barely move.

I only saw the last 20 minutes of Leon Vynehall but I agree it was great, Music Sounds Better With You went down a treat.

20 minutes ago, Untz said:

How was the sound/volume on Genosys this year? If it was anything like previous years, I wouldn't want her anywhere near that thing during the dark hours.

Sound has been vastly improved, it was one of my highlights from this year.

Edited by Winslow Leach

11 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

I was only there on the Thursday for prosumer and honey soundsystem but the sound was excellent, much better than before.

10 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Sound has been vastly improved, it was one of my highlights from this year.

Excellent. Good to hear, thanks.

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Yep I also had absolutely zero complaints about the sound this year, it was a vast improvement 

I was at Genosys this year until about 3.30am Sunday and 5am Monday, finishing my festival there. The sound was bloody bang on. I might have had it very slightly louder but I may be remembering that incorrectly! Clarity was fantastic for Seth on the Sunday night in particular and the whole package was brilliant for me. When they really started messing with the light contrasts and projections on the stick out 'rooms' my scrambled head and ears were about as happy as they could be. Hope there's at least one class techno night there next year. My ideal - one fab night each at Genosys, Shangri-La (LOVED Lovebullets this year...) and the spider...

Ben

On 10/25/2016 at 0:44 PM, bennyhana22 said:

I was at Genosys this year until about 3.30am Sunday and 5am Monday, finishing my festival there. The sound was bloody bang on. I might have had it very slightly louder but I may be remembering that incorrectly! Clarity was fantastic for Seth on the Sunday night in particular and the whole package was brilliant for me. When they really started messing with the light contrasts and projections on the stick out 'rooms' my scrambled head and ears were about as happy as they could be. Hope there's at least one class techno night there next year. My ideal - one fab night each at Genosys, Shangri-La (LOVED Lovebullets this year...) and the spider...

Ben

Also finished my festival there and it was incredible, the visuals were like nothing i'd seen before. Sound system was pretty good as well but couldn't compare it to the previous year because I wasn't there. Looking back I wish I had caught Bicep on the Thursday night.

9 hours ago, LSF said:

Also finished my festival there and it was incredible, the visuals were like nothing i'd seen before. Sound system was pretty good as well but couldn't compare it to the previous year because I wasn't there. Looking back I wish I had caught Bicep on the Thursday night.

Yup, they were pretty fab too!

:)

Ben

I love Genosys, its really coming up in my estimation, The Glade has always be the best place,, but I have spent a few Friday afternoons at Genosys and also watched the Hot Chip tribute there. it was busy but still awesome.

Friday afternoon is like a tradition now all down to Genosys to have a dance in an empty field listening to someone you have never heard of. Lats year it was Timmy P. Never heard of Timmy P before but it was a fucking good Boogie

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

Friday afternoon is like a tradition now all down to Genosys to have a dance in an empty field listening to someone you have never heard of. Lats year it was Timmy P. Never heard of Timmy P before but it was a fucking good Boogie

I did that one early evening last year. I had a ball. Highly recommend.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I love Genosys, its really coming up in my estimation, The Glade has always be the best place,, but I have spent a few Friday afternoons at Genosys and also watched the Hot Chip tribute there. it was busy but still awesome.

The glade is definitely high up on my list of things to do/see next year. We spent about half an hour there late on the Saturday last year, the music wasn't great to be honest but can imagine it being banging with the right person playing. Gutted I missed Carl Cox there, the sound system would have been brilliant. 

Took a wander round block 9 around 6pm on the Sunday. According to the line up it was Josh Caffe that was on, was good for an early evening dance.

6 minutes ago, LSF said:

The glade is definitely high up on my list of things to do/see next year. We spent about half an hour there late on the Saturday last year, the music wasn't great to be honest but can imagine it being banging with the right person playing. Gutted I missed Carl Cox there, the sound system would have been brilliant. 

Took a wander round block 9 around 6pm on the Sunday. According to the line up it was Josh Caffe that was on, was good for an early evening dance.

Given what you've said already, LSF, you'd have loved Dubfire:Live Hybrid on Glade on Sunday night this year. Sound was incredible and some ace, pounding techno.

Ben

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Can anyone suggest some good disco/house djs that I could check out. I know what I like but don't know who to look for that does it, if you know what I mean.

Anyone you know you like already? Just so we know what to work with. 

Some of the best Disco/House djs that come straight to mind are the Mood Hut lot, Move D and Motor City Drum Ensemble. 

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Some of the best Disco/House djs that come straight to mind are the Mood Hut lot, Move D and Motor City Drum Ensemble. 

Good shout with them! That Move D b2b Gerd Janson disco set from last years ADE has been on my phone all year

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yeah MCDE are good, il check those other two out. 

Here's a mix that I kinda like, realise now I should have put the word soul in the original description.  

17 hours ago, zero000 said:

How did it work as a DJ set out of interest? I've only ever seen him do his live stuff. Guessing he played quite a lot of his own tracks.

We missed the first half hour so not sure what he played near the start. When we got there is was kind of like just tech house/techno but was sick, don't think there was many of his own stuff played until near the end when he played 2-3 of his own songs

No Open Eye Signal unless he played it in the first 30 minutes of his set