Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 27 July 2016 at 0:33 AM, jonodillieono said:

I seen a 2.5 hour Ben UFO set at Blue Dot. It was okay, the last 30 minutes was so dull though

Without a doubt my favourite dj

closing the temple on the sunday, one of the best sets I've seen at the festival

9 minutes ago, OBface said:

I have just realised I have something I can't get out of the night of Moodymann. Had free tickets to Sunfall which I couldn't make and now this. Devastated. 

Whhat are people's top picks until the end of the year? Need some inspiration. 

London, Manchester?

Try and at least make one hydra date, if you're feeling adventurous head over to Amsterdam for ADE

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

London, Manchester?

Try and at least make one hydra date, if you're feeling adventurous head over to Amsterdam for ADE

I recommend ADE. Been twice. They have pop up clubs and bars around the city. Every venue is open, every night for 5 days. Most nights of any worth sell out.

Awakenings at Gashouder is unreal - my favourite clubbing event Ive been to. Done it 3 times. Including Ibiza, Cocoon in Frankfurt, Clubs in the UK. Gashouder is 2nd to none.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

London, Manchester?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I recommend ADE. Been twice. They have pop up clubs and bars around the city. Every venue is open, every night for 5 days. Most nights of any worth sell out.

Awakenings at Gashouder is unreal - my favourite clubbing event Ive been to. Done it 3 times. Including Ibiza, Cocoon in Frankfurt, Clubs in the UK. Gashouder is 2nd to none.

Really tempted by ADE. Always falls near my birthday which is always good for justifying excess. Will look into it, thanks.

Sure I'll end up at least one of the Hydra nights. Feel like I've already seen many of lineups over the years there which probably explains my lack of enthusiasm. Special guest on the 24th is bound to be Omar-S now just to spite me. 

8 hours ago, TheBurns said:

Heading over to the WHP for the mosaic night. Been once before when it was in salford, whats store st like as a venue?

Its an oversold car park. So its often crammed in and getting to a point where the sound is good, but you can move - is hard.

The toilets are portaloos, there are not that many and communal, therefore there is always a big queue. There is always loads of "water" in a big pool in the toilet area too.

Other than that, it's ok. 

The concept of taking over a car park - I love. It's just done badly.

Go in your shittest trainers as they will get covered in crap.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Dj'd a trance set on Saturday for my mates night in Manchester (majefa). Im not as into trance as I was, but there is always a decent crowd. 

I think Glastonbury misses a trick and there should definitely be more of it.

Definitely Fuzzy.  I'm not by and large a huge dance music fan; just find it can bore me quite quickly.  But trance (or at least the trance I know or come across) is different, can quite happily dance like a loon to it.  I think it's the vocals and melodies that do it for me.

I'm sure there's some at Glastonbury, but could certainly do with a bit more and it being a bit more publicised for lumps like me who wouldn't know the DJ names on the lineups but would love the noises they make!

I think Joseph Capriati is the perfect fit for the Friday night techno fest at Arcadia, just a recent thought I've had 

Shall be getting my Mano Le Tough fix at the end of the month after he cancelled on us, playing with Tale of Us and Jackmaster in Glasgow 

Edited by Mezhyp1

10 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think Joseph Capriati is the perfect fit for the Friday night techno fest at Arcadia, just a recent thought I've had 

Shall be getting my Mano Le Tough fix at the end of the month after he cancelled on us, playing with Tale of Us and Jackmaster in Glasgow 

I'd be well on board with that.

On 28/07/2016 at 11:23 PM, TheBurns said:

Heading over to the WHP for the mosaic night. Been once before when it was in salford, whats store st like as a venue?

Probably pretty good for a club night. No chance I would ever watch a band there again.

On 08/08/2016 at 8:50 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Dj'd a trance set on Saturday for my mates night in Manchester (majefa). Im not as into trance as I was, but there is always a decent crowd. 

I think Glastonbury misses a trick and there should definitely be more of it.

Have set the bad boys up again. Think Glasto gave me the encouragement to do it. Just like riding a bike :-)

IMG-20160809-WA0000.jpg

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

Given the imminent launch of the night tube and Sadiq Khan's enthusiasm for London nightlife, I think they'll have no problem sorting it out. 

Another notch on the safe drug testing tally chart, though. Hopefully SGP actually does set a precedent. A big player like Fabric would definitely help to get the ball rolling in the right direction there.

Edited by Tuna

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Given the imminent launch of the night tube and Sadiq Khan's enthusiasm for London nightlife, I think they'll have no problem sorting it out. 

Another notch on the safe drug testing tally chart, though. Hopefully SGP actually does set a precedent. A big player like Fabric would definitely help to get the ball rolling in the right direction there.

I'm absolutely all for it, but, it's always going to carry that stigma from members of the not so open minded general public that it's basically acceptance that it's okay for people to take drugs. (It is okay for people to take drugs obviously, but most normals don't think that) 

Legalistation is something that's certainly never going to happy as long as the Tories are in power. I was actually surprised the police agreed to cooperate with The Loop and SGP in allowing people to test their drugs. Hopefully it's a sign of the times and they're going to allow this to happen a lot more often. 

As long as they don't counter if by massively increasing security procedures to try and stop anyone getting drugs into festivals/clubs mind you

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

http://djmag.com/news/fabric-will-close-indefinitely-while-islington-council-reviews-license

bad news for London clubbers. Let's hope the council see light and renew the licence 

They wanted to bring in sniffer dogs and ID scanners before all of this happenend and Fabric refused, which a court upheld.

I can't see them getting away with it this time. More likely draconian measures than life saving drug testing.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

They wanted to bring in sniffer dogs and ID scanners before all of this happenend and Fabric refused, which a court upheld.

I can't see them getting away with it this time. More likely draconian measures than life saving drug testing.

Indeed. Never underestimate the British public's fondness for self-defeating punitive measures over pragmatism. 

There has been a barrage of good nights out announced recently in Glasgow, Rødhad, MCDE, Midland, Leon Vynehall, Helena Huff and Fatima Yamaha are all playing Subclub, it would be rude not to. I haven't been out partying/raving since Glastonbury, a welcome return to it for Mano Le Tough, Tale of Us, Jackmaster and Doisburg this weekend in Glasgow will do nicely 

On 20/08/2016 at 8:13 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

There has been a barrage of good nights out announced recently in Glasgow, Rødhad, MCDE, Midland, Leon Vynehall, Helena Huff and Fatima Yamaha are all playing Subclub, it would be rude not to. I haven't been out partying/raving since Glastonbury, a welcome return to it for Mano Le Tough, Tale of Us, Jackmaster and Doisburg this weekend in Glasgow will do nicely 

Oh man there is so much coming up in the next few months. Think I'm going to give SCSS a miss this weekend sadly however. None of my usual group are around and I have spent too much money. Saying that I have tickets to Todd Terje, Fatima Yamaha, and fully intend on going to MCDE, Leon Vynehall, Sasha, Honey Soundsystem, Invisible City, Tim Sweeney, Richy Ahmed... I'm sure more will come up too. Ahhhh Glasgow.