Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Off to Four Tet tonight, very much looking forward to it! Then going to the opening of Printworks next week, be interesting to see what the place is all about, will be my first visit. 

Good line up 

Make sure to see Prins Thomas 

Anybody going to the London Four Tet shows is in for a real treat, absolutely unreal, sound is amazing, lights are amazing, setlist is ace, and I spent my evening partying in the vicinity of Daniel Avery (who even had to get himself some videos of the lights) he’s so bloody exciting to watch live. 

8 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anybody going to the London Four Tet shows is in for a real treat, absolutely unreal, sound is amazing, lights are amazing, setlist is ace, and I spent my evening partying in the vicinity of Daniel Avery (who even had to get himself some videos of the lights) he’s so bloody exciting to watch live. 

Can't wait! what time was he on from?

9 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Was amazing in Manchester. He played in the centre of the room with just a lamp on. Very atmospheric. 

Will be interesting to see if his festival sets are similar. 

8 minutes ago, evannn said:

Bit of a late time to think of this, as it’s s tomorrow but I’m going to xoyo and phonox this weekend (artwork and Jon Hopkins respectively), is there a no-trainer policy at either? Anything else I should be aware of? I’m a London rookie, tia

Nah you’re fine with whatever footwear, just make sure you’re drugs are tucked up under your scrote. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Saw the show in London and loved it. Great to see a Sasha fan here. He really is a one off. What was your favourite moments? Cheers

Loved the version of "Talk Amongst Yourselves" and there were a couple in there that I didn't recognise but "Xpander" went off, as I'm sure it did in London. Easily one of the best tunes of the last twenty years.

16 hours ago, Time Being said:

Have decided to try to go for Dekmantel. Wish I had decided that back when tickets went on sale but oh well. Tickets seem to be in quite high demand. Anyone have any advice on where to look/how to get them?

Download ticketswap app and have a quick finger. Failing that wait til a week before and grab them off stubhub/viagogo.

I managed to pickup a few off ticketswap last year but they sell within seconds of being posted. 

On 04/03/2018 at 2:04 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Went to Printworks last night, boy oh boy does that place deliver! Sound and lighting were absolutely unreal, such a great venue, would say it’s probably the best club I’ve ever been to. 

How does it compare to somewhere like Warehouse Project? 

I love the place but its just far too busy now, it feels like everywhere is a walk way. 

19 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they usually pop up fairly regularly on ticketswap. you might have to buy separate day tickets though, as the 3 days probably won't come up too regularly until close to the festival.

5 hours ago, mike86 said:

Download ticketswap app and have a quick finger. Failing that wait til a week before and grab them off stubhub/viagogo.

I managed to pickup a few off ticketswap last year but they sell within seconds of being posted. 

Thanks both

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me and my mate are going to London to in May. There seems to be very little on in the way of clubbing other than Henry Saiz at Corsica studios. Has anyone been? It looks to be close to Elephant & Castle tube station. 

Any tips? Bouncers ok? Etc.

Thanks

Corsica is a lot of fun. Make sure you bring earplugs because it’s v v loud. It’s honestly a very relaxed club but if you go on a very popular night it can feel a bit compressed. They definitely let too many people in on some nights

On 16/03/2018 at 8:50 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me and my mate are going to London to in May. There seems to be very little on in the way of clubbing other than Henry Saiz at Corsica studios. Has anyone been? It looks to be close to Elephant & Castle tube station. 

Any tips? Bouncers ok? Etc.

Thanks

Still early for stuff to be announced for May. Wait a bit and see what comes up in the coming weeks, some smaller venues don't announce all that early.

Ben UFO night at xoyo won't let you down I wouldnt have thought