Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Matt is correct here - given how homogeneous these lineups tend to be, atmosphere is crucial to attracting people year after year. Whether that be your dancier festivals or your more indie types. (Less so for those festivals that are so niche there's only 1 or 2 to pick from, of course.)

1 hour ago, willsnewman said:

I hope it's not going to be glastonbury level ticket buying on Friday... Do you know how many tickets you can buy at once?

I'd say be on the ball just incase. It seems to be a festival that really made it's mark on people for being unique and good - can imagine a lot of people who went last year will be telling their friends to come this year. This will definitely be more popular than last year in terms of ticket sales.

On 31/01/2018 at 9:16 PM, Matt42 said:

I'd say be on the ball just incase. It seems to be a festival that really made it's mark on people for being unique and good - can imagine a lot of people who went last year will be telling their friends to come this year. This will definitely be more popular than last year in terms of ticket sales.

Got our tickets. Super keen for this one. There are so many insane line ups around Europe this year but I'm really looking forward to hiding away in a woods in Norfolk.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:11 PM, Matt42 said:

Houghton is about creating a family vibe though. It’s basically Craig Richards’s party and he has a say on every act that is booked. I think houghton will have repeats because it will be filled full of djs given the stamp of approval by Craig.

i’m totally fine with Ben UFO, Sonja Moonear, Margaret Dygas, Voigtmann, Villalobos etc coming back every year because when they want to... they absolutely fucking bring it.

yeah you are right there is always going to be repeats here like freerotation, two fests you now can't get tickets for for love nor money! I underestimated both dekmantel and houghton for how fast they'd go. both pretty esoteric as well. Fair play to them both.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

what's the verdict @Mezhyp1? Photos make it look very very minimal

Very much so, but I don't know of that just a Barrowlands thing, because it didn't seem that way at Old Granada Studios

Was just Four Tet, in the centre of the room with 2 lamps on his equipment, no other lights. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it though, good mix of old and new and played out for 2 hours on Friday