Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Anyone been to whp yet this season? 

Anything to add or report 

just to the LCD show so not for the full club experience but i think its exactly the same. Room 3 has been beefed up, altho maybe that was last year as well.

they had 440ml brothers cider cans on the bar for an OK price, which was good.

I will probably just go to the love international one.

NYD looks class but at £45 plus BF they can literally fuck right off. I wonder if the artists know what insane prices they are charging or forcing them to charge with their outrageous fees. I love MCDE and black madonna but that price leaves a sour taste.

I will justify the outlay for love INT as it has larry heard who is genuinely a legend and geniunely difficult to see. £35+ for simply circuit DJs doing the rounds is not on in my opinion.

Edited by Memory Man

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Alright lads, long time no post.

Who's been to Dekmantel before? Considering it for next year. 

Went this year, and can confirm it’s an amazing festival! Not oversold, all the sound systems are banging, really well curated festival and a stunning place. If I wasn’t going to Boomtown for a stag do I would definitely be off there again. 

Its quite nice that it finishes before midnight, means you can go hard and go home early, or you can head off to one of the 4 after parties - we only did one of the afters which was Rodhad at Shelter (dark small club in a bomb shelter) if you do decide to go you’ll have an absolute riot!

did it this year and last year, loved it.

friend is getting married that weekend next year so can't go. if it wasn't a close friend i'd just sack off the wedding and go to Dekmantel.

if you're into harder techno, Katharsis that weekend is a must, starts at 11pm on the Friday and Saturday nights in a warehouse near the city centre and goes until 8am the next morning.

we stayed in a hotel 10mins walk from the site to the west, technically an airport hotel, and it was perfect, half the people staying were there for Dekmantel so good buzz, and great to be able to walk home afterwards if you weren't heading out for the night.

On 01/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

Anyone been to whp yet this season? 

Anything to add or report 

Changed the layout slightly so crowds can move around much easier.

Floating points was incredible. 

Jamie XX was far too busy in the main room because the rest of the lineup was very weak. 

On 02/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, Memory Man said:

NYD looks class but at £45 plus BF they can literally fuck right off. I wonder if the artists know what insane prices they are charging or forcing them to charge with their outrageous fees. I love MCDE and black madonna but that price leaves a sour taste.

I'm not going to pay the price myself but can easily see how theyre charging that much. The place is open for 12 hours, 3 rooms, a lot of people to pay. 

• 2 weeks later...

Up there as the best night out I've had on Friday. 4 hours of Talaboman in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery followed by a few hours of Tale of Us at subclub. Insane. Such a good atmosphere, everyone on top form. Closed the night listening to Sasha's Scene Delete on the sofa. Made up for a "nein" at Berghain on Sunday... Anyone here present?

First Fabric now Rainbow. I'm sure it's got absolutely nothing to do with the massive regeneration Digbeth is undergoing at the moment :rolleyes: . Awful, awful news :( .  Raindow has a set of great venues.  Once again I feel nothing but sympathy for the  friends and family of the person involved, but it's yet another case of a council kicking the can down the road, and offering no real long term solutions other than more draconian security measures, but no attempt at harm reduction.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/rainbow-venues-digbeth-license-13967281

Yeah, it’s dreadful for the family of the deceased, not sure what the council hope to gain from closing the venue down (beyond prime land) harm reduction seems to take such a back seat, education rather than legislation is the way to go. People will always take drugs, and moves like the above aren’t going to help.

very grim about the rainbow venues. If it happens there it could happen anywhere.

Got a nice little manc weekend coming up, seeing Bashmore at the Soup Kitchen which should be really nice, no idea what to expect from him anymore!

Then saturday doubling up with the Love Int WHP, the legend that is larry heard I am looking forward to this a lot as it'll be something completely new to me. Midland and Joy O in support you can't complain

On 26/11/2017 at 2:21 PM, willsnewman said:

Up there as the best night out I've had on Friday. 4 hours of Talaboman in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery followed by a few hours of Tale of Us at subclub. Insane. Such a good atmosphere, everyone on top form. Closed the night listening to Sasha's Scene Delete on the sofa. Made up for a "nein" at Berghain on Sunday... Anyone here present?

Good fun wasn't it

Gerd Janson the night after in subclub made for a superb weekend 

• 2 weeks later...

So that's me done for the year. Not a vintage one for nights out, really. Need to start getting down to smaller venues again. Been to Corsica 3 or 4 times in the past few months and it's just so horrendously oversold it's beyond fun. Same with a lot of those mid-large clubs in London: Bussey Building, XOYO, all far too busy to enjoy.