Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Anyone confirm what time the music finished each night? Wednesday was relatively early obviously - 2 or 3am at rocket lounge.

Thursday Blues finished about 3am? 

Friday thought it was 6am?

Saturday left South East corner at 4:30/5am and met friends sat on the benches outside the Avalon Inn. We all disagreed what time it normally finishes, at 6am it stopped. 

Left a friend who thought it was later, she went towards Acadia and went to East camper fields but could hear music!!! Did it go later or was it the crew bar- Maceos?

24 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Anyone confirm what time the music finished each night? Wednesday was relatively early obviously - 2 or 3am at rocket lounge.

Thursday Blues finished about 3am? 

Friday thought it was 6am?

Saturday left South East corner at 4:30/5am and met friends sat on the benches outside the Avalon Inn. We all disagreed what time it normally finishes, at 6am it stopped. 

Left a friend who thought it was later, she went towards Acadia and went to East camper fields but could hear music!!! Did it go later or was it the crew bar- Maceos?

A fair few places in the SE corner go on until 6 most nights, although all shut earlier on Wednesday, some shut a bit earlier on Thursday and Friday. Most other places around the site shut between 3 and 4, although I believe the Bimble Inn in the Park stays open until 6.

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Carry Nation definitely played unannounced in the slot Blawan was meant to be in 

Norman Bridge definitely played the closing set, so where Blawan fits in I dunno, unless he played some of the intended set of Shed 

The shaved head bloke from The Carry Nation smashed it. 

2 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Where is Maceos located? There was music coming from behind the fence on the right walking from Truth to the Rocket lounge- is it there?

Macaeos is located in Block 9.. The place you describe sounds like exactly where the Shangri La crew bar was located.

8 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

So near the cut through to the common, to the right of the Genosys?

Cheers

Sorry, actually, I've got my bearings mixed up. It is in the same building as NYC Downlow. Should have just gone with that from the start. Backs onto the railway track.  

10 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

So near the cut through to the common, to the right of the Genosys?

Cheers

Maceos is the very left hand corner if you're facing the Downlow. It's just like two small entrance paths and the actual Maceos is through the back 

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Maceos is the very left hand corner if you're facing the Downlow. It's just like two small entrance paths and the actual Maceos is through the back 

I think I know where you mean. Where the moustache queue runs alongside it. When i walked into NYC I did think the open seated room to left didn't take as much space as the building outside.

thanks again

Hello good people of this thread - now that Glasto is fading into memory I've begun to focus on Boomtown, and wondered if you could give me some pointers on their DJ lineup:

5962174675fbd_BoomtownDJs2017.thumb.jpg.83c67d14e08ded45fac829c158c30472.jpg

Already got my eye on Ben UFO & Mr Scruff & Joy Orbison, and maybe Eat Static, but I barely recognise any of the rest.

My dancey plans at Glasto were along standard lines for this thread, Blawan, Paranoid London, Daniel Avery etc, but I really am open to anything :). Will mostly be going with the flow once I'm there, as Boomtown seems like the sort of place to not have many plans, but thought some pointers would be good. Many thanks.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:29 AM, Rudi said:

Blawan didnt play during his designated slot, not sure if he was on earlier...?, was the carry nation who were the 2 guys according to twitter)

On 7/5/2017 at 8:01 PM, Matt42 said:

I'm hearing people saying he did and people saying he didn't play

need some official confirmation 

On 7/5/2017 at 8:29 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

The Carry Nation definitely played unannounced in the slot Blawan was meant to be in 

Norman Bridge definitely played the closing set, so where Blawan fits in I dunno, unless he played some of the intended set of Shed 

Eh? So when I made a load of my friends go to Genosys to stomp about to Blawan, that wasn't actually Blawan? That's embarrassing.... 

@bennyhana22...did you know about this? I'm so confused!

What's everyone's thoughts about Lost village in general? The lineup looks pretty sound, but does it have a good vibe or is it full of dicks?

I have an ex boyfriend whose involved in the decorations. A bunch of my friends got me a ticket I was hoping to avoid him, but just found out how small it is compared to Glastonbury. Probably not the best place to avoid someone... thoughts about that too?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Eh? So when I made a load of my friends go to Genosys to stomp about to Blawan, that wasn't actually Blawan? That's embarrassing.... 

@bennyhana22...did you know about this? I'm so confused!

Thats funny, cos I normally don't like Blawan, but was down that neck of the woods anyway, and was commenting to my friends how good he was for once. Now I know why!

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

What's everyone's thoughts about Lost village in general? The lineup looks pretty sound, but does it have a good vibe or is it full of dicks?

I have an ex boyfriend whose involved in the decorations. A bunch of my friends got me a ticket I was hoping to avoid him, but just found out how small it is compared to Glastonbury. Probably not the best place to avoid someone... thoughts about that too?

Line up is absolutely incredible 

Heard the security were total dicks in the early years but heard nothing but really good things from last year 

On 17/07/2017 at 4:25 PM, OBface said:

Does anyone know if Lost Village is a very young festival? Like mainly university age or younger. Fancying a final festival before the summer's out.

I would say it is a mix between university age and those mainly under 30. I am 30 and expect to be in the top 10-20% of age, but its a nice crowd