Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I have managed to fight the resistance. Be safe in the knowledge it definitely won't be the best line up of the season and welcome weekend is always packed beyond the rafters 

Plenty more to come 

I think I might pass on WHP this year

It was great fun last time but it was a lot of money for something that I could get in london or at a festival - plus you miss a lot of the acts you like on a lineup, can't squeeze them all in one night.

14 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

Do we expect them to dump the remainder of WHP in one go or dripfeed us?

They usually announce them all at once except for NYE/closing. Probably in a week or two I'd imagine 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think I might pass on WHP this year

It was great fun last time but it was a lot of money for something that I could get in london or at a festival - plus you miss a lot of the acts you like on a lineup, can't squeeze them all in one night.

It's not thst cheap either coming down from Glasgow, it's probably the best chance to see a stack of great djs I'm the one night though. Il be there 

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They usually announce them all at once except for NYE/closing. Probably in a week or two I'd imagine 

It's not thst cheap either coming down from Glasgow, it's probably the best chance to see a stack of great djs I'm the one night though. Il be there 

I mean I had to do it at least once - I loved coming up from London to experience manchester, beautiful city and I felt so welcome there

but it was a lot of money

Sorry if this is a bit of a faux pas, but does anyone know if DJ sets from Glastonbury usually find their way online afterwards? And if so, where to find them?

I was looking after my sister this year so couldn't see as many as I wanted to

tia x

56 minutes ago, evannn said:

Sorry if this is a bit of a faux pas, but does anyone know if DJ sets from Glastonbury usually find their way online afterwards? And if so, where to find them?

tia x

The ones from NYC Downlow will generally bleed their way online, they're mostly all recorded. I've seen some from London Underground being recorded over the years. The 3 BBC essential mix ones from the Friday night were recorded and are on iplayer radio. After that it's just down to individual djs, wouldn't expect too many to have been recorded for release 

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I have managed to fight the resistance. Be safe in the knowledge it definitely won't be the best line up of the season and welcome weekend is always packed beyond the rafters 

Plenty more to come 

Yeah, this is my feeling too. Plus I'd much rather hold out and have something to look forward to in the Winter time. 

1 hour ago, evannn said:

tia x

Go hunting on soundcloud maybe?

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The ones from NYC Downlow will generally bleed their way online, they're mostly all recorded. I've seen some from London Underground being recorded over the years. The 3 BBC essential mix ones from the Friday night were recorded and are on iplayer radio. After that it's just down to individual djs, wouldn't expect too many to have been recorded for release 

13 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Go hunting on soundcloud maybe?

Cheers guys, I'll have a look around. Not holding out much hope then, it's blawan, shed and jon Hopkins I'm after mostly

10 minutes ago, evannn said:

Cheers guys, I'll have a look around. Not holding out much hope then, it's blawan, shed and jon Hopkins I'm after mostly

Had a quick look on SoundCloud etc and not much about yet. I did find sashas set from the glade in 2010 which was a nice one to download but probably not your cup of tea from the artists you mention. The essential mix ones e.g. jackmaster, peggy gou etc are on mixcloud.

5 hours ago, evannn said:

tia x

For Block 9 keep your eyes on here. Has bits from Genosys etc. even though is called NYC Downlow.

https://thenycdownlow.com/about-the-nyc-downlow/

Sets from this year will hopefully make their way on here soon. 

Edited by OBface
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, OBface said:

For Block 9 keep your eyes on here. Has bits from Genosys etc. even though is called NYC Downlow.

https://thenycdownlow.com/about-the-nyc-downlow/

Sets from this year will hopefully make their way on here soon. 

Thanks!  Really hope they put Midland's set online as we tried to go see him on the Sat night, queued for three hours and missed it all.  It's the only time I've walked away from a Glasto with a regret (although on the flipside we finally got to see the Downlow, we were there for the happy 10th birthday singalong and there was a sick duo playing in the meat rack).

Just beginning to piece together where i was and which DJs I caught ...

Hunee, Young Marceo and Palm Trax on Thursday, early night Friday, Saturday, Fort Romeau B2B Jennifer Cardini, Daniel Avery and then Steffi B2B Virginia - mainly banging techno until 6am, Sunday an early venture to SE Corner, didn't queue for Downlow, as Masters at Work played also outside on Genosys - and then headed to Arcadia for Roni Size to finish off my weekend !

Finally back from a whirlwind trip

First off, thanks @Mezhyp1 for the Sub Club tip. Saw Steffi and Virginia and I have to say I loved that place. You Glaswegians are lucky to have such an on point club in your hometown.

As for Glastonbury, started off Thursday seeing Afriquoi at the Gas Tower which was a really enjoyable brief set. Then went over to Call Super and actually left because were not feeling it. Volume was really low and it just didn't really capture us. Rest of the evening was spent at Beat Hotel and the Blues. That Young Marco accapella intro was interesting to say the least...

Shed was a real highlight of Friday night. Really happy I finally got to see him and as others have been saying Genosys is the place to be.

Daniel Avery was probably the highlight of Saturday's electronic explorations, also having the Wood right near Beat Hotel is a great combination for when you are ready for a breather.

Moderat was probably the highlight of Sunday. Afterwards, even the moustache queue for MAW was expectedly crawling. Wound up in the Temple and while the music left something to be desired I really though the increase in size did not take away at all from the atmosphere. Thought the sound system was great as well. Felix Dickinson closing out Genosys and then that amazing sunrise was a really special way to end the festival

• Upvote 1