Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

We must have been right next to each other. I was in front of the sound desk centre for Moderat and Justice, when I was joined by about 8 other efest people. Both sets were absolutely the dogs bananas - right time, right place, right weather, right crowd, right friends

Oh really? Haha! If you saw people in sparkly marching band hats then that was us! I was briefly wearing the daft hat that looked like a wig, it got too hot though so I had to ditch it! 

IMG_0523.JPG

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Stiffy met george at least twice. At the truth stage watching the new york brass band? Maybe?

I cannot disclose George's whereabouts for operational reasons but yer he liked the Truth stage

Edited by deebeedoobee

5 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Oh really? Haha! If you saw people in sparkly marching band hats then that was us! I was briefly wearing the daft hat that looked like a wig, it got too hot though so I had to ditch it! 

ok from  that photo it looks like you were to the side of the sound desk. We  were centre. 

I was about to compliment you on your thick bush..........Nice hats

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

ok from  that photo it looks like you were to the side of the sound desk. We  were centre. 

I was about to compliment you on your thick bush..........Nice hats

This was just after we had returned from purchasing the hats, we shifted right a bit after that, either way, it was an amazing atmosphere around there, best of the weekend for me. 

On 27/06/2017 at 10:46 PM, Tuna said:

Unfortunately I may have to sour things a tad. Did anyone getting into the Downlow this year have any... problems with the door staff? A lot of men not being let in without showing their junk... 

On 28/06/2017 at 0:42 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I got a moustache on the Wednesday, stayed in Wednesday night and didn't bother again until the Sunday due to the outrageous queues. I got to the Downlow about 11:30ish Sunday for MAW. Was worth it without a shadow.

Looks like the Downlow is a victim of it's own success. I've never had any problems getting in before, although I did once kiss one of the girls on the door to get in, kissing on the cheek didn't suffice! I think if you aren't willing to get your chopper out for a laugh to get inside then *maybe* it isn't for you? I dunno. 

On 28/06/2017 at 2:44 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

All of my male friends that tried to get into NYC Downlow and Meat Rack were asked to show their knobs, when one of our mates came back in the evening we thought he was taking the piss, but another couple of people then confirmed that they had been asked the following evening too.

Got to the NYCD at 2330 Sunday night for MAW at 0200. Wasn't missing that for anybody. Went to the "already-got-a-'tasche" queue on the left to try and blag it with real facial hair. Security guard at the front was having none of it and said to join the other, massive queue. Asked how much he wanted to let me in? "A fiver... be subtle"

In.

Got a full bucket of glitter thrown in my face at the bar - nearly went blind.

Worth it. Shit went down.

20 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Got to the NYCD at 2330 Sunday night for MAW at 0200. Wasn't missing that for anybody. Went to the "already-got-a-'tasche" queue on the left to try and blag it with real facial hair. Security guard at the front was having none of it and said to join the other, massive queue. Asked how much he wanted to let me in? "A fiver... be subtle"

In.

Got a full bucket of glitter thrown in my face at the bar - nearly went blind.

Worth it. Shit went down.

You'd have paid a lot more than a fiver to see MAW anywhere else let's face it. Class night.

Moderat. Special set that was. I went alone because I couldnt face trying to drag people there who would only complain. Glad I did, got to the front row, danced myself silly guzzling on coconut and lime brothers and assorted other treats.

spangled.

watching back on iPlayer does nothing to relay the feeling of that first jolt of bass. everyone just looked at one another.

SHIT IS GOING DOWN!

will live long in the memory. Thanks to you all for adding to the moment.

Ok - a week has gone by and I can finally face the forum.

An excellent year all round and, as much as i try to tell myself otherwise in the muddy years, the weather makes a hell of a difference. Echoing what others have said earlier, the spreading out of the night time venues certainly seemed to help with the crowds. Soundsystems were excellent everywhere I went and the Temple is flipping great (oh - for a full night there in a couple of years).

Friday, after hot-footing down to the SEC from Flaming Lips, I was camped out at Genosys for Blawan & Shed. Met up with the infectiously enthusiastic @bennyhana22 and @Titters (who he'd dragged along!) down the front. (I managed to lose Benny on an early walk to Jagz's for Radioactive Man).

Saturday night after the bands I popped into The Temple to have a look. It's enormous, there is plenty of room and the sound is great. I'd also forgotten that I am partial to a bit of D&B so 2 hours flew past in a flash. (Spangles may have been taken). Got to Genosys (and Benny again) for Cab Drivers and S&V.

Sunday was a brilliant live run of Moderat, Justice and System 7 (I saw them at my first in '95, so have to go - have they changed? who cares?). Remembering my D&B passion and realising I'd not been to the Spider I then trekked up for Fabio & Grooverider followed by Roni Size under the flames (look - if Benny can admit to going to Topping, then I can admit to seeing quite a bit of D&B!). Ambled back down to my now spiritual home of Genosys for the close out - lots of tired and emotional peeps there, me included.

Overall, a top, top after-hours Glastonbury .... come on 2019, hurry up!

• Upvote 2

I don't really like DnB either but when you're wired as a circuit there's something about it that just makes you want to dance. It lured me into the cave beside the temple on sunday and I was there for ages covered in that UV powder stuff that we'd thrown everywhere 

Just a quick review.

Was my first time at Glasto and loved it!

All the sound systems were amazing which was a surprise. Highlights,

Moderat (wow)

Sasha @ unfairground

S & D, Way Out West @ Glade

Dave Seaman, Danny Howells @ Spaceport 

Frank Carter

The XX 

Lowlights,

The near on 7 day comedown

xx

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I'd imagine that WHP on 23/09/17 will suit a lot of your tastes on here:

https://www.thewarehouseproject.com/openingsequence

Hell, why not make a weekend of it and see Patrick Topping the night before...? :ph34r:

Aye, pretty jampacked bill that.

I'm not a fan of how they're rolling out the lineup one weekend at a time though. 

Taking some will power not to make the jump and buy tickets for this.

I loved warehouse but it's a big do for anyone not living or near Manchester. Fantastic lineup though

IMG_0456.PNG

Ricardo Villalobos, Ben UFO, Bicep, Midland, Raresh, Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Or:la, Saoirse all in the same night is a rather big coup for me - hard to resist

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Taking some will power not to make the jump and buy tickets for this.

I loved warehouse but it's a big do for anyone not living or near Manchester. Fantastic lineup though

IMG_0456.PNG

Ricardo Villalobos, Ben UFO, Bicep, Midland, Raresh, Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Or:la, Saoirse all in the same night is a rather big coup for me - hard to resist

I have managed to fight the resistance. Be safe in the knowledge it definitely won't be the best line up of the season and welcome weekend is always packed beyond the rafters 

Plenty more to come