Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Dan avery did the business in beat hotel last night! 

Is it just me or is it almost impossible to get in the downlow anymore?! 

I went to see what the queue was like before Midland and it was up and round onto the rail track, didn't even try. 

Fort Romeau and Jennifer Cardini were ace in Beat Hotel also 

On 13/06/2017 at 5:04 PM, Tuna said:

Must make sure I don't do that typical thing of thinking, "Oh yeah, Hunee is playing 3 times. I'll definitely catch him at some point." and fail miserably. 

Well obviously this happened. Feel free to rip me to shreds. 

Saw some amazing stuff - Dan Shake on the graveyard shift was life affirming, Blawan and Shed beforehand excellent too. Steffi and Virginia were going to town on Genosys too, very impressed with the new rig. Hessle Audio was also going off but didn't stay long as we went to the SEC. Unfortunately didn't get to check much out last night... I'm in Gatwick now :lol:

Missed so much, saw so much, had a cracking festival. My mind is still somewhere, somewhere in a field in Somerset. Hope you all had a wonderful one too!

Yes, the sound systems were almost unanimously great this year, with hessle at wow being possibly the best sound clarity ive ever heard at glasto. Genosys now sounds brilliant all the time. Beat hotel still has a few issues but if you get near the front its fine. Stonebridge isnt the best if you stand at the side where there hs more dancing room but its still acceptable !

noticed that the daytime wow parties on sat & sun had a full funktion 1 but on friday for artwork it was a lot more modest, but still fine.

Highlights:

Both lemmy & dusky and moxie & vynehall on thurs 

Art's house on friday from midland thru to the man himself and jack, then of course hessle audio & particularly ben ufo

Early saturday jarvis and craig david on stonebridge both brilliant! Saw a little bit of Lone on wow too and he was brilliant but hardly anyone was there! Late: dan avery and steffi & virginia on saturday. What i saw of cab drivers was decent too.

Sunday didnt do much electronic but hercules & love affair soundsytem was decent! The vocals were a great addition & hearing andy butler play soundstream over & over was class. 

lowlights: trekking to beat hotel from park for young marco on thurs but wasnt feeling it & ending evening on a low

sorry but artwork in love bullets was dreadful, played to the venue ie monotonous unexciting music. Didnt bother to stay for jack as it felt like it'd be more of the same.

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Well obviously this happened. Feel free to rip me to shreds. 

Saw some amazing stuff - Dan Shake on the graveyard shift was life affirming, Blawan and Shed beforehand excellent too. Steffi and Virginia were going to town on Genosys too, very impressed with the new rig. Hessle Audio was also going off but didn't stay long as we went to the SEC. Unfortunately didn't get to check much out last night... I'm in Gatwick now :lol:

Missed so much, saw so much, had a cracking festival. My mind is still somewhere, somewhere in a field in Somerset. Hope you all had a wonderful one too!

Managed to catch a bit of his Beats and all of his Downlow sets :) 

Kept my eyes peeled for electronic thread friends (think I'd recognise a few of you) but no luck. Was even in the tiny Meat Rack for Dan Shake where I thought I was sure to spot someone. 

Still digesting the weekend. Best one yet for me.

So for the downlow do you just really need to arrive very early and just camp out in there all night? I saw lots of ppl sat down in the outside bit which is quite annoying when you want to go in & dance. I suppose with it having its own toilets & bar there is no need to leave. Wanted to get into london underground on sat night for pearson but that wasnt happening either!

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

So for the downlow do you just really need to arrive very early and just camp out in there all night? I saw lots of ppl sat down in the outside bit which is quite annoying when you want to go in & dance. I suppose with it having its own toilets & bar there is no need to leave. Wanted to get into london underground on sat night for pearson but that wasnt happening either!

The queue was back to the railway line just as it opened on Saturday - though I don't think the zig zag barriers were being used at that point.

Some were probably queueing for half hour before opening.... (Needlessly, and while Genosys was fully active)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Our (large) group all managed to get in at around 2am Thursday, 12am Friday and 2:30am Saturday. We made sure we sorted moustaches pretty early on though. Think people are forced into the smoking area to get a break from the hotter than hell temperatures inside.

Did notice a small shift in the crowd this year, probably due to the coverage given over in RA, Mixmag etc. Got a bit irrate with a group who took over the seating area for their own party and got shirty when I tried to sit down. Didn't want to interact with any other part of the venue.

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Anyone catch Seth Troxler on the blues on Thursday? I thought he was great but I was quite fucked.

No but I'm pretty sure I saw him looking pretty fucked in the outside bit of Downlow circa 6am Sunday morning :lol:

1 hour ago, OBface said:

Managed to catch a bit of his Beats and all of his Downlow sets :) 

Kept my eyes peeled for electronic thread friends (think I'd recognise a few of you) but no luck. Was even in the tiny Meat Rack for Dan Shake where I thought I was sure to spot someone. 

Still digesting the weekend. Best one yet for me.

Was keeping a look out in the Meat Rack but couldn't spot you - no idea how, it was so tiny! 

Heard Jackmaster playing The Bells > Sandstorm > Zombie Nation on Arcadia from my tent, the daft pillock :lol: