Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I am convinced that the secret Gas Tower set is Björk. She's been doing multimedia stuff, it has SHHH in the set name (as in It's Oh So Quiet) and Neil did have one of her DJ sets as a rumour since.

I'll probably be asleep at that point. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Untz said:

I am convinced that the secret Gas Tower set is Björk. She's been doing multimedia stuff, it has SHHH in the set name (as in It's Oh So Quiet) and Neil did have one of her DJ sets as a rumour since.

Ooooh sheeeit, shout!

So I checked the replacement out on soundcloud and it's house & garage act. At least they could have replaced it with a techno act... guess they are just cashing out the refund into their pockets :D Oh well Russ Yallop it is for me then.

Re elrow stage looking small...it does look tiny from pictures 

19145759_1916002895341302_33829037851761

19059874_1915999065341685_72136577882886

At least it's open all round so no qs... 

48 minutes ago, satas said:

So I checked the replacement out on soundcloud and it's house & garage act. At least they could have replaced it with a techno act... guess they are just cashing out the refund into their pockets :D Oh well Russ Yallop it is for me then.

Re elrow stage looking small...it does look tiny from pictures 

19145759_1916002895341302_33829037851761

19059874_1915999065341685_72136577882886

At least it's open all round so no qs... 

Are we sure there are no sides to go on it? That picture looks like it is pre-dance floor going down (saw that on LB twitter). Nice (if impractical) idea to have it open but it could be carnage and...wouldn't there be massive sound bleed given how close it is to Spaceport etc?

Going to be interesting to see how Glade area looks next week.

Ben

5 hours ago, Fishman said:

FWIW, .... my Sunday is now currently looking ... Justice; System 7 ('cos I'm an old hippy at heart); Jackmaster & JJ; ?; Felix .... (coach home)

I'm pretty sure I'll be at J&JJ and Felix too, but I really want to create a solid run. I have System 7 as a possible too! 

Ben

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I saw them playing b2b in Glasgow a few weeks ago and it was good, I'd happily do it all again 

I meant the sound (i.e. substance) in the text, actually, not a reference to Jackmaster and JJ! - am pretty set on seeing them. Just hope the sound system does them justice.

Ben

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Oh man that'd be a bit special... try and keep the possibility hushed from the outside world.

9 minutes ago, satas said:

I hoped there isn't otherwise it will be a proper greenhouse! Spacesport is all closed so there shouldn't be any sound bleed :) 

Yeah, guess so - but Wow! is all closed, and when absurdly full (I'm looking at you, J.E.S.u.S), it's barely compatible with sustaining life.

Ben

Thanks for the Sunday pointers, guys.

At the moment, I'm looking at:

Call Super b2b Job Jobse (BH) > Bit of Justice (WH) > Nip into System 7 (Glade) >Jackmaster b2b Jasper James (LB) > Pop into James Monro (Funkingham) > Felix (Genosys) > Secret Set (Gas Tower) - or back to Felix if it's rubbish

A bit of a dance butterfly that night then, if you will.

I have options too:

- get spangled enough to tolerate the Temple Cheese
- Wes Baggaley in the Meat Rack and maybe Oren Marzam

I've tried to get into MAW, and I just know in my heart that I'd be trying too hard to have fun, which is fine. We can't all like everything.

So, I'm feeling pretty chipper again about Sunday as there really is enough to have a good time and branch out a bit.

Having enjoyed listening to Break (dab) this afternoon, I'm almost a bit disappointed that I can't go see him in the Cave, but at midnight it really puts me in the SEC too early and so I'd waste too much time moving around on my last night.

Ben

Just now, Untz said:

There'll be a group of us at the back softly chanting "I bjëlieve" and when Patrick Topping walks on we all walk off in a huff.

If you manage to get there, I promise to buy you whatever you, and your gang, would like to drink, so impressed (and delighted) would I be!

Ben

I'm not particularly up on DJs, but I'm loving Blawan and Hunee thanks to this thread. They're now my two must see DJs.

However, (apart from Hunee Thursday, which may be too busy) they both clash. Also, I have to see Confidence Man in the Rabbit Hole at 3am, so whichever one I end up seeing I'll have to miss quite a lot of anyway. It's a right ballache.

Just now, Bradders said:

I'm not particularly up on DJs, but I'm loving Blawan and Hunee thanks to this thread. They're now my two must see DJs.

However, (apart from Hunee Thursday, which may be too busy) they both clash. Also, I have to see Confidence Man in the Rabbit Hole at 3am, so whichever one I end up seeing I'll have to miss quite a lot of anyway. It's a right ballache.

Confidence Man playing WG 1200h on Friday if that helps...!

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you manage to get there, I promise to buy you whatever you, and your gang, would like to drink, so impressed (and delighted) would I be!

Ben

Now Ben, as unpredictable and lazy as I can be I did once make a planned Hell Stage 5am Monday live set by Goldie one year. I was so fucked I thought the act on before him was him, but I was there.

I also know what you look like. I'd be careful what you promise me. 

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Confidence Man playing WG 1200h on Friday if that helps...!

Ben

Something about the 3am slot fills me with so much joy though, feel like it's gonna be a massive party. As much as I've enjoyed Blawan recently, joyous isn't necessarily the word I'd use to describe him ;)