Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, MikeJ86 said:

Was wondering why it wasnt on the lineup. Odd place to have it. 

How busy does downlow usually get saturday night before the headliners end? I want to get down for Midland and Prosumer but don't want to have to get there too early. 

I assume this year wont be as busy down there after hours with so much going on elsewhere. 

We did that last year on the Saturday.  Saw the Avalon headliners and went straight away. You'll have no problems if that is anything you go by. 

3 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

There are many options for this sort of procedure, I have my preferences, which I won't be divulging on here ;-) 

Haha as we all do

I never seem to feel like I have to be incredibly sneaky with glasto security - but this year idk maybe it's good to be safe

Just now, Matt42 said:

Haha as we all do

I never seem to feel like I have to be incredibly sneaky with glasto security - but this year idk maybe it's good to be safe

Likewise. Always been quietly confident in the past - this year thinking I should maybe put some effort in to it, somehow.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So going in, do you reckon it's a good idea to balls my...

y know...

stuff

You can put a kinder egg up your arse, use natures pocket and tuck it behind your bollocks or as some people have suggested taping it. I've never tapped anything to my knackers in my life though I'll be honest, just wear tight boxers. If you're really worried spread out what you've got, bits in your various places in your bag, in between toes, inside yourself. 

As security conscious as they are they're not looking for some punter with a bit of gear so as long as you hide it well enough they'll look but not look too hard. They can't be arsed with the hassle as much as you can't if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So going in, do you reckon it's a good idea to balls my...

y know...

stuff

3 words. Kinder Egg, lube. 

Stay safe. 

Ha someone else with the Kinder Egg trick! 

Edited by nikkic

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Only just got in to him due to a lot of people on here getting excited about him being there, but I'm guessing Hunee's Beat Hotel set on the Thursday is gonna be pretty damn busy? 

Well youve got elrow, annie mac and everything everything/circa waves to pull some of the crowd away. Should be alright. Just get inside the room. 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Keen on that one myself. My mates went to Solar in Berlin last week and rated it. 

Literally just copped this from that Dek mix. Proper silly stuff off of Lena Willikens Label, Comeme. 

• Upvote 1

I've became slightly torn what to do on the Friday night after Radiohead. I'd been pretty cemented on DJ Tennis b2b Moscoman, but I feel it'd be a shame to miss Blawan and having seen Jackmaster recently on good form I'm by arcadia. Reckon there's a better time to catch Jack tho as that'll be silly busy 

7 hours ago, PullingDoorsMakedPush said:

Where's the love for Sasha and Digweed in this thread?

Who seeing them?

My only must see act. Saw them at the social last year which I think was their first time together for a long time and it was unbelievable, by far the best set i've seen!

I went to Parklife at the weekend and the Palms Trax tent was amazing, who on the lineup at Glasto would you recommend that's similar to Fatima Yamaha, Dixon, Black Madonna, John Hopkins, Hunee  etc? 

Every time I go clubbing now it's this strange kind of shit tech house which has no melody, all sounds the same whereas the music at weekend was so so good! I'm out the loop with a lot of DJ's? I found the ElRow tent to be really dull so will probably be avoiding there apart from for eats everyhing

33 minutes ago, mattuk said:

I went to Parklife at the weekend and the Palms Trax tent was amazing, who on the lineup at Glasto would you recommend that's similar to Fatima Yamaha, Dixon, Black Madonna, John Hopkins, Hunee  etc? 

Every time I go clubbing now it's this strange kind of shit tech house which has no melody, all sounds the same whereas the music at weekend was so so good! I'm out the loop with a lot of DJ's? I found the ElRow tent to be really dull so will probably be avoiding there apart from for eats everyhing

Honestly just spend a lot of time in Block 9 and you'll be absolutely fine

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Only just seen the posts above re: Kevin Saunderson. That is a real bugger. He's proper techno royalty  :(

Well, that means a Sunday night cabinet reshuffle. Work to be done

Re: Sasha and Digweed - when they were announced I assumed they'd be my Saturday headliner, but I actually rather love Arcadia, and with its rather soft (for me) line up this year, the chance to see Jon Hopkins when the Spider shouldn't be uncomfortably rammed is just too much of a pull. 

Anyone else 'defInitely' heading there on Saturday? I think it's pretty much just me from here!!

Ben

I'll be there, love Jon Hopkins anyway but as you say I want to get to the spider as well this year and nothing else draws me there.

4 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

I'll be there, love Jon Hopkins anyway but as you say I want to get to the spider as well this year and nothing else draws me there.

I too will definitely be heading there for Jon Hopkins, not watched an act at Arcadia at Glastonbury before so seems an opportune moment to do so. 

16 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

So ive just sat here and fallen in love with Horse meat disco. Please recommend me all the disco that is like this please! 

I don't know if you're aware but James Hillard closing NYC Downlow on Friday is one of the HMD members. 

Edited by Cieran

7 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I too will definitely be heading there for Jon Hopkins, not watched an act at Arcadia at Glastonbury before so seems an opportune moment to do so. 

Possible I will be there also as I don't plan to head to SE corner until after 02:30 or 03:00 when Solar n Joy O finish up