Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

The rum shack was good craic last year on the Wednesday, not dance music but it was in full swing.

I was thinking of checking it out Wednesday too as never usually make it during the weekend. Glad it's a good party. Might also be a chance to get into the Downlow

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This looks like it could have been really cool as well, shame it's full of shite 

Screenshot_20170612-211456.png

Just having this conversation with Child 1, Mez, who goes to his first Glastonbury next week.

The one saving grace is that I am definitely going to see Popof on Friday night after Radiohead, before Blown, and I'm actually really pleased I'll get in the Temple once.

Rest of the festival? Not so much.

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just having this conversation with Child 1, Mez, who goes to his first Glastonbury next week.

The one saving grace is that I am definitely going to see Popof on Friday night after Radiohead, before Blown, and I'm actually really pleased I'll get in the Temple once.

Rest of the festival? Not so much.

Ben

I can imagine the excitement in your household is off the scale. Have you passed on the the reins in terms of attention to detail and meticulous planning? 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I can imagine the excitement in your household is off the scale. Have you passed on the the reins in terms of attention to detail and meticulous planning? 

Levels are stratospheric. I'm so glad I've still got four days at work as at present I'm bloody wishing the hours away!

I'm desperately trying not to be that guy to him. But, with no active encouragement, he has adopted my love of the dark and glitchy!

He is pretty organised as he wants to pack a lot in.

On the advice trail for him, what sort of set is Dan Shake likely to play in the Meat Rack? I had assumed it would be disco-y, but could be way off...

Ben

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Levels are stratospheric. I'm so glad I've still got four days at work as at present I'm bloody wishing the hours away!

I'm desperately trying not to be that guy to him. But, with no active encouragement, he has adopted my love of the dark and glitchy!

He is pretty organised as he wants to pack a lot in.

On the advice trail for him, what sort of set is Dan Shake likely to play in the Meat Rack? I had assumed it would be disco-y, but could be way off...

Ben

Dan Shake in the Meat Rack will be all things disco, there's no doubt about that 

Thought I'd drop this in here, as my thread is getting buried (understandably, it's ONLY A WEEK AWAY)

i made a mix of house tracks and remixes based on the lineup and main stagers from the festival, and thought some people might enjoy a listen! The thread is over here:

Edit: bennyhana22, if you like this, we should go for a dance sometime. Other people in our group mentioned you may have spent many an hour in Lovebullets, which is where I want to be this year...

Edited by Sidasta

Just now, The60ftOctopus said:

Not too sure, but it's not a lot! if there's someone you really want to see you have to go early and make sacrifices. 

Speaking of NYC Downlow, does anyone know if you can bypass the main queue if you already have a moustache? 

Yes you can.

2 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Not too sure, but it's not a lot! if there's someone you really want to see you have to go early and make sacrifices. 

Speaking of NYC Downlow, does anyone know if you can bypass the main queue if you already have a moustache? 

You can - but there was still a queue for the queue by-pass lass year (Sat night c. 3AM).

54 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Does anyone have any idea what capacity of NYC Downlow is? Considering swerving Justice who most of my mates are watching and just heading to Bloc9 sometime between after Chic and before 11. Might hang about at Beat Hotel for Jamie XX and friends.'I really don't wanna miss MAW.

I reckon I'll catch a bit of Justice and then head to NYC Downlow to secure my spot for MAW. 

1 hour ago, BSH said:

Saw Hunee at Parklife this weekend and he was incredible. Well worth a look if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to try and catch him Thursday in the Beat Hotel - but yeah super DJ

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Does anyone have any idea what capacity of NYC Downlow is? Considering swerving Justice who most of my mates are watching and just heading to Bloc9 sometime between after Chic and before 11. Might hang about at Beat Hotel for Jamie XX and friends.'I really don't wanna miss MAW.

I'd guess roughly 500