Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did any of those at field day watch Moodymann then? @Winslow Leach @OBface I think this is at you two 

Just seen an article saying he played Sex on Fire by KOL which is the biggest LOL I've ever seen 

I saw moodyman and I have to say it was the worst set of the day. He started off by playing purple haze which I thought was slightly odd but didn't question it too much and then when he started playing dnb, future and the Beatles I thought 'naaaa'

2 minutes ago, joeh said:

I saw moodyman and I have to say it was the worst set of the day. He started off by playing purple haze which I thought was slightly odd but didn't question it too much and then when he started playing dnb, future and the Beatles I thought 'naaaa'

I had previously stated fears in hear that the man has absolutely gone at the game lately. Shame to hear that 

12 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did any of those at field day watch Moodymann then? @Winslow Leach @OBface I think this is at you two 

Just seen an article saying he played Sex on Fire by KOL which is the biggest LOL I've ever seen 

Was shocking. No attempt to even mix, just fade out one song, play something different... could have been any old twat with an iPod on shuffle. Weren't even good boogie tunes like.

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Was shocking. No attempt to even mix, just fade out one song, play something different... could have been any old twat with an iPod on shuffle. Weren't even good boogie tunes like.

Yeah, I heard from friends who were there, it was very poor. They left after about half an hour !

13 hours ago, PullingDoorsMakedPush said:

Question: Anyone been to the Rabbit Hole?, Whats it like as a venue?, Is it one in one out?

Want to go there late on the thursday night to catch Nick Warren.

Thanks

Rabbit Hole itself can get busy but I've never had to queue to get in there.  Warren's playing a new part though (Funkingham Palace), so no-one knows yet how that'll be set up.  I'd be tempted to stop in for a recce and a drink sometime earlier in the day if you definitely want to make it inside.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, J Mansfield said:

Yeah, I heard from friends who were there, it was very poor. They left after about half an hour !

Yeah.. even more disappointing that there were so many other good acts on, missed as a result 

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Dreams. Shattered.

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Haven't seen the bloke in half a decade and had such fond memories too! At least Nina made me happy

Nina was great wasn't she! Apparently she hated it though according to twitter, she felt that the sound was awful for her, though I didn't really notice too much where I was standing

1 hour ago, joeh said:

Nina was great wasn't she! Apparently she hated it though according to twitter, she felt that the sound was awful for her, though I didn't really notice too much where I was standing

Nah no qualms here - front and centre all day and it was great

A review of EPIC 5.0 and what I saw in Ibiza.....

EPIC was very good. Got in there to see Cristoph - someone I wasn't really familiar with. He played a good mix of tech classics (Oxia - Domino was the first tune he played) and some newer Prydz sounding stuff. I really enjoyed him.

George Fitzgerald was excellent. Techno, a great warm up for prydz, but....

Kolsch was on afterwards and was pretty boring. Started with some chumpy crap house tune (I like house, but this was bobbins) and only slightly picked up.

Prydz was very good, after a pretty slow start, once on/off lazer beams started he kicked into it. The production was brilliant and I am very glad I went. One thing - once we got let out of the park we had nowhere to go. No directions, phones not working.

Ibiza - Cocoon. Saw Dorian Paic who was good. Played a top warm up set - then Illario Alicante.... someone I had never seen before - banging techno from the second he started. Classic trance style noises running through it, basslines and a proper groove. My kind of thing tbh. Played a remix of DJ Rush "Motherfucking Bass" which I think will end up being massive.

Left after an hour of Nina Kravitz who was good, but not as good as Alicante.

Saw Eats Everything b2b with Hot Since 82 at Mambo - really good. House and techno, great setting. I love café mambo. On the rocks and steps in front, sun going down, best way to end a holiday.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks for your report, Fuzz.

Glad you had a good time.

Glad George F was good too - I saw him for (just :( ) 2 hours on Friday and he was excellent - mostly techno with a bit of Ibiza ravey stuff too and it was great. My last pre-GF warm up.

Ben

I think you'd have liked Alicante, with the exceptions of "motherfucking bass" and a remix of "Age of Love" - there it was a vocal free zone. The boiler room set I have found is different to how he played... but it was a peak time set at Amnesia, so a very different setting!

George was really good, we all enjoyed him. He had been on my to see list for a while and I'm pleased he is getting good reports from others too.

I saw him DJ just after the album came out and he was decent enough, but hadn't even realised he was back DJing until I saw his name on the list, would guess he plays straight up house and disco, and drops a few of his own productions in there to keep the crowd interested in watching him play.

As this seems to be a thread that talks about all sorts of non-Glasto related stuff (but still dance). And there seems to be a  good community spirit here with reviews and what not. Do you guys stay on here all year round or just the run up to and come down for the festival?

3 hours ago, payneruk said:

As this seems to be a thread that talks about all sorts of non-Glasto related stuff (but still dance). And there seems to be a  good community spirit here with reviews and what not. Do you guys stay on here all year round or just the run up to and come down for the festival?

All year round, from about October onwards I only really chat in here and update on all things electronica. Very good people in this thread