Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

On that basis, my Friday night is looking like:

Radiohead (tactically positioned on the left side of the field, at least towards the end)
Leave Radiohead at about 2330h to hoof it to the Temple for Popof at 0030h - 45 minutes of him
Then Genosys for 0130h for Blawan
Genosys 0300h for Shed
Then at 0430h head over to Jagz's Acid Lounge for an hour and a half of glitchy techy electronica from Radioactive Man

Sounds pretty much like mine...although might switch Popof for Stanton Warriors...and either Dan Shake or Goldie x My Nu Leng after Shed. 

Friday is going to be all kinds of epic :D

Just saw George Fitzgerald at Rye Wax, tiny crowd and really good set, you're in for a treat ben!

Realised no Pantha du Prince again this year, not surprising but was so gutted he wasn't there last year.  Is he just one of those acts Glasto don't get?

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Just saw George Fitzgerald at Rye Wax, tiny crowd and really good set, you're in for a treat ben!

Realised no Pantha du Prince again this year, not surprising but was so gutted he wasn't there last year.  Is he just one of those acts Glasto don't get?

Thanks, Morgs! In 24h I'll just have finished a seven hour dance. 

It's been too long since I had a proper night. Can't wait and will report back!

Ben

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Sounds pretty much like mine...although might switch Popof for Stanton Warriors...and either Dan Shake or Goldie x My Nu Leng after Shed. 

Friday is going to be all kinds of epic :D

I love the idea that we've got a bit of a troop from here that'll be following one another around to all the best sets! 

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bit 'obvious', but I like Steffi's Boiler Room. Some of the vocal samples in I could do without, but when she gets it right she smashes it:

Ben

Cheers Ben,

wow, you forget how lo-fi Boiler Room used to be!

13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

just noticed the Rabbit Hole Funkingham Palace venue that got added later to the full lineup, a few more sets for Eats Everything and Jackmaster (b2b Troxler).

Nick Warren, DJ Yoda and Rob Da Bank in there too over the weekend.

Nice spot. Bushwacka in there Thursday night. His Plank and Oblong labels from back int eh day were brilliant. 

Is Funkingham palace new. Any more info on it anywhere?

Just been listening to a Dan Shake set and am absolutely loving it.

What are the chances he might do more than just his one 4:30-6:00am set on the lineup at The Meat Rack (I dont even know where that is)

I'm not sure I will have the ability to stay out for that.

33 minutes ago, mjsell said:

What are the chances he might do more than just his one 4:30-6:00am set on the lineup at The Meat Rack (I dont even know where that is)

Must see for me. Bad news is I'm not sure where else he'd fit in. I'll be making sure I pace myself come Friday (no chance of happening).

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I think somebody might have said it's one of the two parts of the Rabbit Hole. Not sure though, it's new to me.

I think we can assume it's part of, or next to, the RH given its name, and that it's listed in the Park Area on the full line up site.

I wonder where though. It's pretty cramped up there already, and there are names on the line-up (e.g. Jackmaster and Seth) that would attract a pretty big crowd.

I think that the new areas and the expansion/changes to existing ones are one of the most exciting aspects of the festival this year. I intend to spend much of Wednesday afternoon scooting around in the sunshine making sure I see everything - e.g. Saxon Market and the Cloud 9 area (what?!), get to Shangri La to have a look at the new layout, Earache, Gas Tower etc.

So exciting!

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think we can assume it's part of, or next to, the RH given its name, and that it's listed in the Park Area on the full line up site.

I wonder where though. It's pretty cramped up there already, and there are names on the line-up (e.g. Jackmaster and Seth) that would attract a pretty big crowd.

Well from what I remember (I've only been in there once, and I was a little worse for wear) there are two 'rooms' in there....I think. You're right about the big names though, expect queues!

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think that the new areas and the expansion/changes to existing ones are one of the most exciting aspects of the festival this year. I intend to spend much of Wednesday afternoon scooting around in the sunshine making sure I see everything - e.g. Saxon Market and the Cloud 9 area (what?!), get to Shangri La to have a look at the new layout, Earache, Gas Tower etc.

Excited to see Shangri La. Other than a few bits and pieces I won't spend that much time there at night this year, so it'll be good to look around during day light (and I'm not smashed) and take it all in.

Just now, big__phil said:

Well from what I remember (I've only been in there once, and I was a little worse for wear) there are two 'rooms' in there....I think. You're right about the big names though, expect queues!

Excited to see Shangri La. Other than a few bits and pieces I won't spend that much time there at night this year, so it'll be good to look around during day light (and I'm not smashed) and take it all in.

And that bugs me a little bit - the Park is, almost entirely, a queue-free zone (occasional stuff at Stonebridge, I suppose), so creating another queued venue? Hmmmm

Yes agree - planning to visit all areas I'd like to see but have zero expectation of going to for a set etc., so aiming to do that on Wednesday when light, sunny and pre-eFests meet.

Ben

16 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Hi Ben.

Thank you for your kind and detailed reply, much appreciated.

I've been reading these boards and for a few weeks now and I've read a lot of what you've wrote in this thread (You know that thing where you form an opinion of someone or something without having known it or them? Well Ben, I had you down as being a young pup, ha ha ha, albeit a very knowledgeable one, just goes to show how wrong you can be eh....!!) Well, I'm glad you're more senior than myself and still enjoying your techno:D. Love Regis, especially his early stuff. I'll most probably just be heading into the naughty corner on the Friday night but who knows eh! Your plan does indeed sound like a good one, I'll deffo be there for Radiohead as they are my favourite band and to the left hand of the Pyramid is my preferred spec anyway, I will then probably be following your plan of attack form midnight till dawn. I've heard a mix or 2 by Popof but never seen him live so I'll deffo bimble on over for him before heading to Genosys for Blawan and Shed. 

Thanks again for the additional info mate. Might just see you there.....!!

Oh, I'll probably be going to the 3hr sound check that they'll be doing at Genosys on the Thursday too, just as a little taster:D

All depends on how fit you are and how much it means to you, NS.

Am out for an all-nighter tonight for the first time in a couple of months and very excited.

Bit of training for three weeks today!

Ben

Yeah it's always been there hasn't it? It's the part of the rabbit hole that you have to crawl through a tunnel or something to get to. I've been in there before but I was let in by security through fencing into the backstage area of the rabbit hole where they have private parties

Just now, Tr234 said:

Yeah it's always been there hasn't it? It's the part of the rabbit hole that you have to crawl through a tunnel or something to get to. I've been in there before but I was let in by security through fencing into the backstage area of the rabbit hole where they have private parties

Not sure that's quite right.

I thought that there was:

The Rabbit Hole ('normal' front entrance)
Behind The Rabbit Hole (entrance with wristband through security-manned gate around to left side of front entrance)
Rabbit Hole Tunnel (queue at night to right of front entrance - your crawl-in bit)

I always thought they were separate to one another. Maybe the Behind bit is being re-worked as Funkingham Palace...?

Ben

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Who's playing there? Completely passed me by this.

Eats Everything
Jackmaster
DJ Yoda
Seth Troxler
Rob Da Bank

And others.

If you look at the main line up page it's there with the Park venues (RH, Stonebridge, Bimble Inn etc.)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, Browner's Right said:

Look's like we're getting later finishes than previous years. Gastower and Clash in Shangri-La on until 6AM on Thursday and Sunday.

That's later than previous years isn't it?

Yup.

I've not seen a 0600h Sunday (Monday morning) anywhere in the last two years.

The number of finishes to 0300h and beyond 0300h finishes across site has increased massively this year. Very clever work by GFL to spread people across the site and give more night-time variety. Whilst frustrated at the paucity of techno, I'm otherwise extremely impressed with the rest of the work. Truly turning the whole place into a 24h town.

Ben

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

If you make it til 4:30, you'll make it til 6. He's stellar. Worth it especially if Saturday morning is looking sparse for you...

57 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And that bugs me a little bit - the Park is, almost entirely, a queue-free zone (occasional stuff at Stonebridge, I suppose), so creating another queued venue? Hmmmm

I know what you mean, but for the good people who work in the rabbit hole to do their thing properly they need to be able to get around the crowd. Allowing it to fill would just make it another busy tent.

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The number of finishes to 0300h and beyond 0300h finishes across site has increased massively this year. Very clever work by GFL to spread people across the site and give more night-time variety. Whilst frustrated at the paucity of techno, I'm otherwise extremely impressed with the rest of the work. Truly turning the whole place into a 24h town.

Word. The downside is that if the budget hasn't been increased for DJs to play in these extra slots then that could add to a perceived lack of quality/depth in DJ bookings.