Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, photodanuk said:

Hi wondering if there be any old skool or hardhouse present at the festival 

Loads of Old skool. Seems to be more on the house side (Acid, piano etc) than the hardcore stuff. Altern8 are playing Friday and Ellis Dee is also there.

There seems to be loads of old skool this year.

10 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

After all the comments earlier in this thread about NYC Downlow, it is an absolute must for us this year, sounds like a funky disco filthy fun house, :)

It's what I use to describe Glastonbury to those who haven't been. It's sweaty, it's hilarious, it's so self-aware, it's for a great cause, and the tunes and clientele are spot on. Definitely make the effort! 

Got given an old mix I did at a night called 100% Old Skool @ Dry Bar in Manchester a few years ago, last night. Just upped it to soundcloud. Probably not too appealing for all the aficionado's on this thread, but seeing as some peeps are asking for old skool, it might tickle someones fancy.

It was done on vinyl and lets say I was a little inebriated while doing it, yet it sounds ok and there are no train wrecks.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

It's what I use to describe Glastonbury to those who haven't been. It's sweaty, it's hilarious, it's so self-aware, it's for a great cause, and the tunes and clientele are spot on. Definitely make the effort! 

+ 1 for the clientele. Never seems to be any spectators. And always can be relied on no matter what time of night. Definitely one to try if you haven't been yet.

Don't mean to be negative, but I've got a lot riding on the beat hotel announcement

I really hope that we get some acts that make me think 'wow' because right now on the nighttime front it's looking abit sparse :/ feeling like I'm being pushed out of some of my favourite parts of the festival

I need that full lineup more than any other year I've been I think... still gonna have a top weekend but it's a shame that the late night stuff is trailing a bit behind

2 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

The Beat Hotel has always been ridiculously hot whenever I've gone in there and the layout isn't exactly inspiring. It'd taken something incredible for me to go there. It just feels like any old bar/club in comparison to the other venues on site.

It's nothing special aesthetically, but lineup wise it's the best light-night place on site IMO.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Don't mean to be negative, but I've got a lot riding on the beat hotel announcement

I really hope that we get some acts that make me think 'wow' because right now on the nighttime front it's looking abit sparse :/ feeling like I'm being pushed out of some of my favourite parts of the festival

I need that full lineup more than any other year I've been I think... still gonna have a top weekend but it's a shame that the late night stuff is trailing a bit behind

I know what you mean, Matt and I am in the same boat as you - probably because our dance tastes seem to overlap quite a bit...

It's hard not to feel/sound like an ungrateful toddler, tearing open a present on Christmas Day only to discard it after five seconds and demand another one - in that we seem to have been given 'so much'. And whilst there is a fair amount on there to excite me, I'm still a bit nervous that I'll have to cobble my nights together somewhat.

So far, the following would make the list as people I would be very happy to have in my night-time schedule

Blawan
Steffi (& Virginia)
Heidi
Partok
Kevin Saunderson
Felix Dickinson
Shed
Pearson Sound
Bicep (I think their live set could be pretty fab - presumably it'll be rammo)
Seth Troxler
Paranoid London
Acid Mondays
Hessle
Leon Vynehall
Tom Demac
Sasha
John Digweed
Shaded

Now, that seems like a lot, but there are a lot of planets that would need to align to ensure that I can dance like a lunatic until 6am for at least Fri/Sat/Sun.

I know we have Beat and Spider to come but, as said, they finish at 0300h and I have no doubt that I'll be well catered for until then. It's that crucial 0300-0600h slot that needs sorting!!!

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, OffshoreToon said:

I'm surprised to see Leon Vynehall on that list. I've only listened to one of his sets (essential mix, I think) and thought it was rather soft and boring. 

Love his album, but I saw him a month or two ago and he was dreadful. 

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

Got given an old mix I did at a night called 100% Old Skool @ Dry Bar in Manchester a few years ago, last night. Just upped it to soundcloud. Probably not too appealing for all the aficionado's on this thread, but seeing as some peeps are asking for old skool, it might tickle someones fancy.

It was done on vinyl and lets say I was a little inebriated while doing it, yet it sounds ok and there are no train wrecks.

Nice.

What old skool apart from Altern8 is at Glasto this year do you know? My favourite bit of Bestival is world of rave :D

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Met the Black Madonna after her XOYO set the other night, really nice person. Didn't ask her about Glastonbury, did ask about Lost Village even though I already know she's playing. It was the end of the night, leave me alone.

you had it in your grasp and let it slide 

she isn't going to be playing this year anyway 

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Been topping up the excitement pot tonight listening to quite a bit of Shed. He has the potential to be pretty fantastic in Block9...

It's all going to be ok.

:)

Ben

If it's a live set, you're in for something heavy!