Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Be surprised if Palms Trax wasn't at Beat Hotel or Stonebridge. Excited to see Ben's thoughts... MCDE next? 

That would be the dream for me and my mates! I saw that thing on Resident Advisor he did and he suffers from anxiety issues so is quite selective in his gigs and doesn't ever take too much on. I can't see him doing Glastonbury for the money that'd be on offer with that being the case. Shame.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/1867

So...

I've listened to the whole of the Antal set and, in fact, had already listened to the Hunee set.

Guys, guys, guys...

That they are terrific mixers is not in any doubt. But. Awww man, it's just too flipping major key for me! I can't lie. I like my music minor. Pretty much all of it! I listen to loads of electronica, ambient, drone etc. and almost all of my favourite stuff is minimal, glitchy and minor in key. I guess it's the extrapolation of that into dance music for me that is the reason why techno resonates so much - and, indeed, why most of today's tank top selfie tech-house (love that!) doesn't.

Palms Trax? For this Benny...? Face Palm Trax.

I am very happy to go searching for stuff in the line up and I know I'll find it. But funky electro-pop and disco, no matter how well mixed, might not quite be it!

Ben 

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Blues probably works, Maceo Plex last year was a bit odd, L U C Y would be even more so 

I turned up for Maceo Plex but I reckon I must have got my times wrong because there was only jungle coming out of The Blues.

Definitely saw him a couple weeks later at Dour and he was great. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

At least Lucy isn't in Sonic!

Begs the question, where the hell is he? Not Gully, not Wow!, not Sonic.

Can't be Pussy Parlure, surely?

Which leaves...The Blues...

Blimey

:huh:

Ben

Are we sure it's the techno Lucy rather than another?

6 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That would be the dream for me and my mates! I saw that thing on Resident Advisor he did and he suffers from anxiety issues so is quite selective in his gigs and doesn't ever take too much on. I can't see him doing Glastonbury for the money that'd be on offer with that being the case. Shame.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/1867

Palms Trax has been on the Beat hotel line up recently. can't remember the year though. '14, '15 maybe?

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ah right, cheers. That'll be quite early on then and clash with Super Saturday on West Holts.  Oh well - will keep an eye on them cropping up elsewhere. 

Im pretty sure he is somewhere else too. On his own. My mate runs a night in manchester and had Hunee on, was impressed. 

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, Cieran - his RA listings has him in Silver Hayes on Thursday. 

Ben

Last time I checked, RA were listing some other acts for Thursday who definitely weren't playing then so I think the day thing can be ignored. 

Extrapolating on that, the fact there's no other similar DJs and the odd typing and I don't think it's him.

Sorry to be a misery.

24 minutes ago, Untz said:

Last time I checked, RA were listing some other acts for Thursday who definitely weren't playing then so I think the day thing can be ignored. 

Extrapolating on that, the fact there's no other similar DJs and the odd typing and I don't think it's him.

Sorry to be a misery.

Soul-destroyingly, I think you're right:

L U C Y Facebook

RA have done no favours there. 

Luckily that means we have another Grime / DubStep act on the bill