Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 minutes ago, mjsell said:

For those of us less in the know.

I like Kolsch, Bicep, Joe Goddard type acts. I'm not a fan of DnB, and like things a bit more disco-y - can anyone recommend some more acts on the SH lineup to check out some sets of?

By the sounds of it you'd like Art's House, been to a couple of Art's House events and it's just pure fun. Quality music without being too serious.

Leon Vynehall - great DJ.

Mylo - classics. Will be on a very disco-ey vibe I'd imagine.

Lone - plays quite bubbly and bright music as well. 

Just now, magliad said:

By the sounds of it you'd like Art's House, been to a couple of Art's House events and it's just pure fun. Quality music without being too serious.

Leon Vynehall - great DJ.

Mylo - classics. Will be on a very disco-ey vibe I'd imagine.

Lone - plays quite bubbly and bright music as well. 

Ah yeah I should have put Artwork in my list of acts I like. And Mylo is on the list. Is he going to be headlining though do we think? Would really like to see him.

The other 2 i'll check out, cheers.

42 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I like Kolsch, Bicep, Joe Goddard type acts. I'm not a fan of DnB, and like things a bit more disco-y - can anyone recommend some more acts on the SH lineup to check out some sets of?

Definitely Hunee for your disco fix.

Dependent on the time of their slots: Jack and Midland could play some housier/disco cuts, Call Super can bring them out, Ben UFO and the Hessle guys... in fact, all of those I've listed typically select based on crowd response/timeslot and love a big of a crate dig. Not likely to go towards drum 'n' bass though - maybe a little acid if you're lucky.

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Definitely Hunee for your disco fix.

Dependent on the time of their slots: Jack and Midland could play some housier/disco cuts, Call Super can bring them out, Ben UFO and the Hessle guys... in fact, all of those I've listed typically select based on crowd response/timeslot and love a big of a crate dig. Not likely to go towards drum 'n' bass though - maybe a little acid if you're lucky.

Hessle Audio could be absolutely fucking anything 

57 minutes ago, mjsell said:

...Also DJ Nature. He's a don. 

Just stuck on a Blawan live BR set to remind myself that there is still some fucking proper techno coming to Glastonbury.

I can try as hard as I want to get into this and that and t'other, but at the end of the day we all know what it is I'm into, don't we...?**

:)

Ben

**saucy remarks probably unnecessary here, but I'm a libertarian, so fill your boots if you want ^_^

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just give us ONE night of proper, in yer face, not-catering-to-populist, techno from the Spider.

Make it brilliant, but not poppy and let's sort the techno fans from the casual off-beat hi-hatters!!

:)

Ben

this is something Glastonbury/Arcadia rarely has from everything I've seen unfortunately.

Sunil Sharpe and Perc & Truss in The Cave last year was the type of thing I want, proper dark and industrial sounding. even some dubbier techno at a push.

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 minutes ago, Untz said:

I've been waiting for some straight up, industrial techno for years.

When it does happen I'all probably be chatting bullshit to some stranger on the other side of the site or heckling some T&C act. Such is Glastonbury.

Sunil Sharpe was playing last year..

Would love a bit of industrial techno or just dystopian floor stompers in general at glasto. I'd always imagined I'd stumble into a tent that embodies that kind of thing at glasto but its yet to really happen, the music never really gets there.

I have no idea how something like the following would go down

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just give us ONE night of proper, in yer face, not-catering-to-populist, techno from the Spider.

Yes!

1 hour ago, Untz said:

I've been waiting for some straight up, industrial techno for years.

YES!

12 minutes ago, alien said:

Would love a bit of industrial techno or just dystopian floor stompers in general at glasto.

YAAAAAAAS!