Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 12/04/2017 at 9:54 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Interested to see DJ Shadow as he's high on my must see list 

I've not missed a Shadow tour in over a decade. His live sets are usually very good but as alluded to above, his dj sets have been a bit heavy on the dubstep side of things in recent years. 

I didn't want to start a new thread, but was wondering if anyone could give me a few artists to mull over in anticipation of this year's festival. I'm into this:

Faithless, Booka Shade, !!!, Tiesto, Chemical Brothers

I know there's a lot more tba, any suggestions from what we know so far?

12 hours ago, plaskins said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but was wondering if anyone could give me a few artists to mull over in anticipation of this year's festival. I'm into this:

Faithless, Booka Shade, !!!, Tiesto, Chemical Brothers

I know there's a lot more tba, any suggestions from what we know so far?

If you like trancey techno check out Nina Kraviz, recently she's been rinsing the deep trance records

shes not playing this year apparently but she really should play one year

To having 4 that i really want to see in Masters at Work, Blawan, Steffi & Virginia and Midland, before anything from The Common, Arcadia, The Beat Hotel and Stonebridge is a great start, but also the start of what's probably gonny be a clash catastrophe 

51 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Steffi &  Virginia and Blawan, is any techno hunters paradise in Block 9!!!

Chuffed with Masters at Work 

Shed also!

Man, what absolute feast of a line-up. Honestly really happy with a bunch of the names announced.

Great start. Dan Shake & Prosumer will be great - without the queues too, I imagine. Hoping everyone is correct about Genosys improving last year as it has always been a fucking catastrophe whenever I've stopped by. Also some nice incentives to check out the London Underground, which has always eluded me. Still have Beat Hotel, The Common and Stonebridge too, fucking ace.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Great start. Dan Shake & Prosumer will be great - without the queues too, I imagine. Hoping everyone is correct about Genosys improving last year as it has always been a fucking catastrophe whenever I've stopped by. Also some nice incentives to check out the London Underground, which has always eluded me. Still have Beat Hotel, The Common and Stonebridge too, fucking ace.

And Shangri-La, Tuna - Love Bullets had some quality stuff last year.

It really is gonna be dance Clashmageddon...

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

And Shangri-La, Tuna - Love Bullets had some quality stuff last year.

It really is gonna be dance Clashmageddon...

Ben

Never really explored Shangri-La too much, always end up in one of the 4 mentioned above. Think I ended up in Heaven once and didn't really like it. But, didn't go last year, so didn't pay any kind of attention to the nightlife. The nights being clashtastic is excellent though, because you never know what you're in the mood for. There's always going to be something. 

(i.e. there's always going to be someone playing disco)

Just now, Tuna said:

Never really explored Shangri-La too much, always end up in one of the 4 mentioned above. Think I ended up in Heaven once and didn't really like it. But, didn't go last year, so didn't pay any kind of attention to the nightlife. The nights being clashtastic is excellent though, because you never know what you're in the mood for. There's always going to be something. 

(i.e. there's always going to be someone playing disco  techno)

There.

All sorted.

Ben
x

PS - absolutely stoked about Shed. This drop keeps on giving...

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

There.

All sorted.

Ben
x

PS - absolutely stoked about Shed. This drop keeps on giving...

Naw, when you've got a group of 30+ people who all just want a boogie with a big ol grin, disco is always the one. (Plus all the glitter)

I saw Shed at his LP launch recently, good stuff. Any idea if his set(s) are gunna be live or DJed?

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Naw, when you've got a group of 30+ people who all just want a boogie with a big ol grin, disco is always the one. (Plus all the glitter)

I saw Shed at his LP launch recently, good stuff. Any idea if his set(s) are gunna be live or DJed?

No idea - would dearly love to know which stage too.

Whilst in no way ungrateful for today's fantastic news, I'm sure that last year's Block 9 drop had the stage splits and times on that very first mini-poster...

Ben