Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

21 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Equally, there are plenty of other stages that will host key players in Techno, Disco, Drum & Bass, Hardcore, Psy Trance etc. So I really don't know what you're getting at with this comment. 

all of these genre's have at least some credibility and deserve representation. No Qualms with that. Just leave the tech out in ibiza.

Edited by Memory Man

13 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

this is the problem these days, people never feel like they can call something out for being shit and not get a backlash about it. Not everything is great. Sometimes criticism is deserved.

Personal preference fair enough, but this crap & the associated culture and people is so far removed from the original origins of house music its not even funny. Just my two cents! Glasto should cater for everyone I suppose, but what is wrong with asking for a bit of quality control & not just running with the latest trends no matter how crap they are.

Because this is Glastonbury and not your local club. This is a place where you will always be able to find an alternative thing. So what if it's detached from what you think house is? People are having fun, that's the whole point. If you're anything like most us here,  you're gonna be struggling to pick between 3+ stages at all points anyway... 

On 24/03/2017 at 8:06 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Looks like @Matt42 played at XOYO last night, how did it go mate? First time mixing on big monitors? 

was insane! thank you so much, so glad I didn't fuck up once

Also guys got some bits and goss

Move D isn't at Glasto this year, I asked him :( apparently he's never been approached before, which is strange to me

Hunee and Sassy J (I am pretty sure Sassy J was the second name given to me) are playing.
Confident that the person who told me Hunee was telling the truth, I might of misheard Sassy J though! I did have this conversation in a nightclub

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Move D isn't at Glasto this year, I asked him :( apparently he's never been approached before, which is strange to me

Hunee and Sassy J (I am pretty sure Sassy J was the second name given to me) are playing.
Confident that the person who told me Hunee was telling the truth, I might of misheard Sassy J though! I did have this conversation in a nightclub

Shame about Move D 

Hunee is tremendous though, he's one I had always considered unlikely but Il chuffed if he's there 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Nice one! Must have been an amazing experience, you'll be hungry for many more gigs now! Best of luck with it all! 

Excellent work on grabbing confirmations as ever too

Thanks everyone so so much!

Yeah Move D actually seemed gutted when I asked him, I actually feel I might of offended him abit. He said "one day i'l play man, literally all of the people I know and play with have been asked but i've never got the call"

Poor guy because he would be insane at the beat hotel :(

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah Move D actually seemed gutted when I asked him, I actually feel I might of offended him abit. He said "one day i'l play man, literally all of the people I know and play with have been asked but i've never got the call"

I'm going to send some emails about this, something needs to change 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What sort of stuff do you do, is it tech? What's your performing name so I can keep an eye out for you? 

Also there's still a chance for move D to get asked to play this year I guess 

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

A mate is trying to convince us all to go to an all day elrow event in August at the Olympic park. Can anyone let me know if it worth my time. 

Cheeeers

Elrow has a pretty good party vibe. Lots of props and silliness. 

usually everyone there seems to be after a good time. 

16 hours ago, tyranicide said:

What sort of stuff do you do, is it tech? What's your performing name so I can keep an eye out for you? 

Also there's still a chance for move D to get asked to play this year I guess 

I kinda move between minimal techno, house, tech house, breaks and a bit of disco here and there. I go by MLB at the moment x

i am on soundcloud if you wish to check me out :P

Edited by Matt42

I forgot to say - the event I attended in which I spoke to Move D was at Oval Space alongside Pender Street Steppers and Fred P.

Pender Street Steppers are another act which I would deem perfect for the beat hotel, some incredible italo disco selections! Real deep cuts from vinyl's left in someones basement released 20 years ago stuff!