Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Afternoon folks

So, which of you, the disciples of the Thread of ThreadsTM  is going to (or fancies) this?

NYD_Website-Banner.jpg

Rainbow Venues, Birmingham, NYD (obviously!)

:)

Ben

Jasper James would be great. Seen him a couple of times this year at Phonox in Brixton which is a nightclub I woukd reccomend to anyone who lives in the London area to go check out. Quite a young crowd but everyones there for the music and the wait for drinks at the bar isn't that long either.

I'm already seeing Move D at Corsica for new years though. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Jasper James would be great. Seen him a couple of times this year at Phonox in Brixton which is a nightclub I woukd reccomend to anyone who lives in the London area to go check out. Quite a young crowd but everyones there for the music and the wait for drinks at the bar isn't that long either.

Sounds good, BH, but I'm looking for fellow threaders to meet up with!

Ben

28 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Just listening to the Jasper James LAB LDN set - bloody hell, that's about perfect for me...

Ben

Just finally bought Oliver Coates - Upstepping. Not sure if he's been discussed here yet. He's a cellist traditionally but his released music is very much electronic, with sampled chello. He worked with Radiohead on their latest, and can recommend seeing him live after seeing him at Green Man

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

:huh:

Ben

I used to live in Worcester Ben, and my parents still do, I would definitely go out in Brum with you if I still did.

1 hour ago, Chawk said:

Just finally bought Oliver Coates - Upstepping. Not sure if he's been discussed here yet. He's a cellist traditionally but his released music is very much electronic, with sampled chello. He worked with Radiohead on their latest, and can recommend seeing him live after seeing him at Green Man

I used to live in Worcester Ben, and my parents still do, I would definitely go out in Brum with you if I still did.

Bugger. That would have been ace, Chawk.

Well, still time to see if any E/D threaders are going and if not...then I'll still have an ace time on my own and will meet and chat to as many people as ever!

Just listening to the Ben Klock set from Kappa FuturFestival this summer...

1. I've got to make sure I get in that room and

2. If he's as good as this, there may be fewer more magnificent starts to the new year! #lovelyandacidy

Ben

On 12/14/2016 at 1:53 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Just listening to the Jasper James LAB LDN set - bloody hell, that's about perfect for me...

Ben

Just listening to this mix. Wow, its great!

I can't believe I missed Jasper James when he was playing Phonox. I only live 10 minutes down the road :(  

6 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Booked Floating Points and Mall Grab in Manchester for NYD. Was hoping to make the trip to Leeds for MCDE and The Black Madonna but it wasn't really feasible - still, should be a fun night!

Yin and Yank, CHRLY.

Agreed that MCDE and current industry darling TBM would have been great. But your event sounds ace too. Still wish I'd seen TBM in NYC Downlow in the summer, but I know I was elsewhere having a brilliant time.

Ben

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yin and Yank, CHRLY.

Agreed that MCDE and current industry darling TBM would have been great. But your event sounds ace too. Still wish I'd seen TBM in NYC Downlow in the summer, but I know I was elsewhere having a brilliant time.

Ben

I was down in the SE corner early that night because there were no real headliners that grabed my attention. I always planned to get to NYC Downlow to catch her and Tama Sumo but ended up right at the front for Mark Ronson and Mr. Tame Impala's 'DJ set'. One of the worst DJ sets I've ever seen, but one of the fondest memories I have from Glastonbury. I assume she will be back next year, when I will definitely go out of my way to catch her.

Dj sets of the year list?

In no particular order:

Antal-De School, Amsterdam

Tama Sumo b2b Lakuti-Radion, Amsterdam

Floating Points-World Headquarters, Newcastle 

DJ Nobu-Bonobo, Tokyo

Jackmaster-The Cut, Newcastle

Ben UFO-Brixton all nighter 

Four Tet- Glastonbury (morning set)

Palms Trax-Dekmantel

Theo Parrish and Marcellus Pittman-Dekmantel

Pender Street Steppers b2b Beautiful Swimmers- Dekmantel

Kept it to 10 but saw so many good sets, especially at dekmantel (MCDE, Robert Hood, DJ Harvey, Moodymann, the black Madonna all could've easily been in there), and enjoyed bicep, John talabot and the flo po four tet b2b on the farm.

Didnt see enough female djs! Only managed to catch about an hour of Lena Willikens the other day otherwise she'd probably be in there. Will try to more next year!

• Upvote 2