Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

thats funny as i'm off to hessle audio in manchester on saturday night so i guess he is jumping on a train or in a car to manc after this, definitely doable. Ben is crazy tho this is his weekend coming up:

Thursday 11th: La Cheetah Glasgow

Friday 12th: Some bar in Hull 7-12

Friday 12th: Hessle Audio in Sheffield possibly until 7am

Saturday 13th: Support Four Tet in London

Saturday 13th: Hessle Audio in manchester

I missed out on tickets for La Cheetah, it's a hot ticket as the club is closing for refurbishment and that's it's reopening party, heard there's going to be a few ticks on the door though so il be going down early 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sunday night vs Coldplay and BMTH would be perfect. I have decided to do SW4 on the Sunday to see him regardless. 

Capriati is on too

We do SW4 every year but similar to Hyde Park, its hard to find a decent sounding spot on the common after dark.....shame really as the tent line ups in the day are normally some of the best sets of the year. Faithless (as much as i love them) sounded poor last year as did A & B in 2014.

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

ok if there was a poll like the RA poll for my tastes, he would be top of my list! That he is exceptionally hard working and incredibly humble helps his cause plenty!

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Ben UFO is certainly up there for me too, impeccable selection, breadth of knowledge and technical skill too

For sure he's in my top 5, I wouldn't dare for a second doubt his genius. 

I still can't come to a conclusion, MCDE, Laurent Garnier, Ricardo Villalobos, Ben UFO and Mano le Tough is my current top 5 

31 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

For sure he's in my top 5, I wouldn't dare for a second doubt his genius. 

I still can't come to a conclusion, MCDE, Laurent Garnier, Ricardo Villalobos, Ben UFO and Mano le Tough is my current top 5 

Ben UFO, Bicep, Ben Klock, Dixon, Jackmaster

honourary mentions to Ricardo Villalobos, Rodhad, Answer Code Request and probably Ame

mcde is definitely in the very top tier. i saw him in leeds in november.... it was ridiculously good. i love DJs that play multiple genres, far too many just stick to what they know or their percieved style, which is sad. i actively enjoy sets that jump from style to style and back again, it takes a lot more skill to properly work a crowd this way then sticking to a pre conceived formula. 

Edited by Memory Man

One of the many reasons why I love Four Tet too, not the most technically gifted DJ out there, still great, but he really takes people on a journey, think it's also to do with shorter DJ sets these days, if you have a load of DJ's playing hour or two hour long sets you lose a lot of the experience to be honest.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Saw Floating Points last night, very enjoyable although I think he could do with mixing the tempo a bit more. Surprisingly good light show - would be immense in the Glade (if they could fit the 7-piece orchestra on the stage!)

From what I have heard off floating points, it is all a bit slow. (Admitedly I haven't heard much.) 

Quite nice, but whether I want to be there late on, I doubt.

43 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

I'm also loving these DJ suggestions!  Very strong compliments about Ben UFO, but I've never listened.  Can somebody recommend his best set to listen to first up?

There aren't actually that many about as far as I know, I remember he did a Boiler Room from his bedroom once where he played for about 6 hours, I think most of his sets give a pretty good indication of his style so give Soundcloud a little search - also worth having a listen the Dekmantal Podcast that Four Tet did, it's a recording from his set there last year, if you have the time the Four Tet b2b Floating Points set from the last night at Plastic People is an absolute tour de force too.

Any love for Greg Wilson on these boards? He is an absolute titan in technical terms.

14 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just saw floating points in Manc (no orchestra¿?). It was brilliant though - hypnotic. Will definitely be catching him is he's back at the farm. Hopefully with the full shabaz this time.

Snap. It was fantastic and dare I say quite prog at times. There was a few Gilmour-esque solos. Some of the tracks were barely recognisable from the album.

It's a bit of a forum cliche but  he would be perfect on the park. Subbing perhaps?

Edited by zero000
Wording