Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Used to be the GMEX centre. They haven't had gigs there in years. The last few were in 2010. Its 10'000 capacity all standing or so I'm lead to believe so much better for dance acts than the arena

I saw Carl Cox + Fatboy Slim in there in 2006 ish. It is the only time I have seen a dance act in there. Personally I think it is Manchesters best big venue (over 3,000) and a shame there are not more gigs there.

• 2 weeks later...

So who are people hoping for next year then? I'd like an Erased Tapes presence this time round with Nils Frahm , Kiasmos (and or Olafur), Rival Consoles or AWVFTS. It'd be good to see Floating Points (live), Koreless, some Ed Banger presence perhaps, Pantha du Prince, Etienne de Crecy, Oneohtrix Point Never... DFA guys as well; The Juan Maclean, Factory Floor, Museum of Love, Hercules and Love Affair... My list could be endless but if any one of these lot could be there I'd be super pleased. 

What with talk of a new Justice album next year I think could be in with a shout, sadly not got a ticket for next year so not really had a think about who may play - De Crecy would be good, would like to see some of the instrumental grime stuff represented Rabit, Evian Christ, Visionist and Missngno - they always tend to get a pretty solid line up so I will no doubt be most upset when the line up gets released

I saw Carl Cox + Fatboy Slim in there in 2006 ish. It is the only time I have seen a dance act in there. Personally I think it is Manchesters best big venue (over 3,000) and a shame there are not more gigs there.

It sells the foulest tasting beer in the whole of Manchester though.

One of the best decisions I've ever made was going to see them instead of the Foos at reading a few years back, that was good shit, I'd take them anywhere

saw them at Bestival later that year and they were so good. the act i was looking forward to the most all weekend and they didn't disappoint one bit. have they ever played Glastonbury before?

Seen Justice at Leeds and the NME awards tour in 2012. Exact same set both times but it was glorious, I seen them do a dj set at my first ever 'rave' type experience (warehouse project 2012) and that was fantastic too, loads of disco tunes mixed in with some electro and their own stuff. Been dying to see them since

Speaking of french house is sebastiAn still alive? Been wanting to see him for years

So who are people hoping for next year then? I'd like an Erased Tapes presence this time round with Nils Frahm , Kiasmos (and or Olafur), Rival Consoles or AWVFTS. It'd be good to see Floating Points (live), Koreless, some Ed Banger presence perhaps, Pantha du Prince, Etienne de Crecy, Oneohtrix Point Never... DFA guys as well; The Juan Maclean, Factory Floor, Museum of Love, Hercules and Love Affair... My list could be endless but if any one of these lot could be there I'd be super pleased. 

Obviously, bringing pretty much the entire Erased Tapes stable would be the only logical option here...

Ben

Seen Justice at Leeds and the NME awards tour in 2012. Exact same set both times but it was glorious, I seen them do a dj set at my first ever 'rave' type experience (warehouse project 2012) and that was fantastic too, loads of disco tunes mixed in with some electro and their own stuff. Been dying to see them since

Speaking of french house is sebastiAn still alive? Been wanting to see him for years

Confirmed that Sebastian has been working on the new Frank Ocean album actually. I have seen Justice about 8 times live now and every single time it's been amazing (hence my screen name...)

Off to see the Busy P + Justice night in London on the 28th Nov - should be a very good night.

Love it. Off to the Four Tet curated all nighter at Brixton academy on Friday and I can't wait.

I'm off to Brixton Academy next Friday for Hot Chip! Then off to the Kazimier to see Four Tet on Fri Nov 20th. Can't wait as I haven't seen either live yet. Very excited for the both of us!

Confirmed that Sebastian has been working on the new Frank Ocean album actually. I have seen Justice about 8 times live now and every single time it's been amazing (hence my screen name...)

Off to see the Busy P + Justice night in London on the 28th Nov - should be a very good night.

Ooo that could have some potential

I didn't even know Justice had announced any shows. Wish I could go to that it'd be an amazing night but trying to convince people to travel down from Manchester to London isn't possible for me :(

I'm not sure whether I prefer the Four Tet mix of Opus or the original, the last minute or two of Four tets is amazing but the rest is pretty similar to the original just a longer build up

Ooo that could have some potential

I didn't even know Justice had announced any shows. Wish I could go to that it'd be an amazing night but trying to convince people to travel down from Manchester to London isn't possible for me :(

I'm not sure whether I prefer the Four Tet mix of Opus or the original, the last minute or two of Four tets is amazing but the rest is pretty similar to the original just a longer build up

Its just a DJ set so I wouldn't worry too much!

Love it. Off to the Four Tet curated all nighter at Brixton academy on Friday and I can't wait.

I'll be the guy stumbling around utterly Gillespie'd on Friday night, was in Edinburgh a couple of weekends back and saw Ben UFO and Floating Points - either the sound was knackered or Floating Points was a mess because he couldn't even mix two tracks together and at one point even took the wrong record off which led to complete silence for a minute or so while he tried to sort it out - most bizarre.