Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Sonar (week before Glastonbury) lineup released. Hot Chip, FKA Twigs, ASAP Rocky, Jamie XX, 2 Bears, Scuba, Seth Troxler, Square Pusher, Adam Beyer, the Chems all there plus loads more.

http://sonar.es/en/2015/prg/ar/list/

Wonder how many will make it over...

Nice nice OB, would expect a good few of them to be at GF, a colleague of mine has been over to Sonar a couple of times said it's absolutely magic

From Sonar I think we'll get: FKA Twigs, Chems, Hot Chip, Jamie XX, Seth Troxler, Autechre (Gotta good feeling - glade plz), Erol + Avery. I'd love to see Randomer, Roman Flugel, The Bug... can never tell with the DJs though. Nice lineup there though!

Yeah, Sonar and Sziget have always been my two mainland Europe festivals on my 'to do' list.

Sziget is decent but it's reputation as the 'European Glastonbury' is a major exaggeration.

It's well laid out and you'll definitely have a good time, but the lineup often has a lot of dross on it and while there is some other stuff to do outside the music, after 4 or 5 days you'll have seen and done everything, probably more than once.

Of course, because it's in Budapest, you could spend a lot of time in the city itself because it's brilliant.

And when we went in 2013 we got to see Nick Cave and Blur headlining, which was also superb.

That Nick Cave gig was something special

Sziget is decent but it's reputation as the 'European Glastonbury' is a major exaggeration.

It's well laid out and you'll definitely have a good time, but the lineup often has a lot of dross on it and while there is some other stuff to do outside the music, after 4 or 5 days you'll have seen and done everything, probably more than once.

Of course, because it's in Budapest, you could spend a lot of time in the city itself because it's brilliant.

And when we went in 2013 we got to see Nick Cave and Blur headlining, which was also superb.

That Nick Cave gig was something special

I also want to go to Budapest so that was my plan actually. It's not a priority for me to be honest, more something I'd try if I had the time one year and wasn't going to any other festivals.

Really like the creamfields lineup, never been before but the type of people that go look worse than your average parklife attendee... well from Liverpool anyway

I went 2010,11,12,13 and the bulk of this years line up have been there every year. I know they have a target audience but some boundry pushing could give it the refreshing change it's been crying out for. As for it's location, I never had any problems at Creamfields.

Sonar is a great festival. The venue itself is nothing special (giant warehouse/conference venue) though it does have a nice stage outdoors where we saw an epic hot chip set. LCD Soundsystem followed by The Chems was one of my best nights at any festival ever. Leaving the dance floor after DJ Hell at 7am and heading straight to the airport was... challenging though.