Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Surprised at Disclosure and Rudimental doing Parklife given the Wildlife festival

Nonetheless Parklife actually looks great this year I think, it's a place I've never been, always been put off my reports of the crowd

People die and nothing gets done about it, cracking atmosphere.

Musically it's pretty good though.

Surprised at Disclosure and Rudimental doing Parklife given the Wildlife festival

Nonetheless Parklife actually looks great this year I think, it's a place I've never been, always been put off my reports of the crowd

Don't do it! we had loads of people in our shop in their wellies buying up all the vodka and throwing stuff around, shouting at each other and generally being ****s, I only went down to get some milk as well, nightmare.

Think student freshers week mixed with aggressive lads who go the gym too much and get fake tans.

Edited by FrancisH

Last night on Flying Lotus' BBC residency show, the Gaslamp Killer said that he is touring with a band this summer and that there were some European festivals that he was not allowed to mention yet that he will be playing, so that is a possiblity.

As discussed a couple of pages back, he's supposedly an exclusive for Bestival (I say "supposedly" as these exclusive claims often turn out to be pretty bogus).

Doesn't bother me much tbh. His new album is too much like the Fast Show's Jackson Jeffrey Jackson for comfort:

• Upvote 1

As discussed a couple of pages back, he's supposedly an exclusive for Bestival (I say "supposedly" as these exclusive claims often turn out to be pretty bogus).

Doesn't bother me much tbh. His new album is too much like the Fast Show's Jackson Jeffrey Jackson for comfort:

think he was talking about The Gaslamp Killer

Don't do it! we had loads of people in our shop in their wellies buying up all the vodka and throwing stuff around, shouting at each other and generally being ****s, I only went down to get some milk as well, nightmare.

Think student freshers week mixed with aggressive lads who go the gym too much and get fake tans.

Most of the people who go Parklife do not know what freshers week is. Apart from that I agree with you.

Only been to one parklife. (Ian Brown at platt fields)

The crowd were awful and by all accounts they have got worse.

Heaton Park is about 1 and half miles from my house, the line up is decent, but I have sod all interest.

Manchester crowds are often full of a certain type of idiot, one I don't often see in most cities. Think: Danny Dyer meets Liam Gallagher, they all go to the gym a lot, snort a lot of "beak" and think manchester is the entire universe.

Heaton Park is about 1 and half miles from my house, the line up is decent, but I have sod all interest.

Manchester crowds are often full of a certain type of idiot, one I don't often see in most cities. Think: Danny Dyer meets Liam Gallagher, they all go to the gym a lot, snort a lot of "beak" and think manchester is the entire universe.

I will probably get shit for this but in my experience it's a northern thing. Creamfields has a similar feeling but as it's a bit more 'experienced' in putting on festivals i have never felt overly uncomfortable there.

I will probably get shit for this but in my experience it's a northern thing. Creamfields has a similar feeling but as it's a bit more 'experienced' in putting on festivals i have never felt overly uncomfortable there.

In my opinion it isnt a northern thing... I did nearly write "creamfields has a similar problem".

Leeds and Sheffield don't have the problems whenever I've been there. It's mass events in Manchester and Liverpool from my experience.

I yearn for the days when we all took loads of e's and Manchester really was the entire universe.