Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

See my avatar,

It was my happy place, Thursday night they were playing the funkiest squelchiest house music possible and i was forever trying to drag my mates thete. No need next year as im on me own

Beat Hotel you say I was there Thursday this year when my namesake Seth Troxler was giving one of the highlights of the festival for me fantastic.
See you there next year!

Having been going to Rockness since it began and spending most of my T experience in the Slam tent I had high expectations for Glastonburys dance stages and acts. 2014 was my first year and it's utterly mindblowing the choices on offer. I spent a good few hours dancing my arse of to 2 many DJ's doing their Despacio set then of to Sasha on the Thursday (Glade is insane, like a club outside with the lights and sound nicely tucked away into the trees), Skrillex and Richie Hawtin Friday, DJ AFX, DJ Sneak, Seth Troxler, Four Tet, Dan Le Sac, Bonobo are the ones I can remember from all over the weekend and most of these were before I even spent the whole of Sunday night in the SE corner which frankly is the best fucking thing I've ever done in my life. Electronic music at Glastonbury is sensational and I've only been once! Can't wait till next year.

Well, if the earlier repsonses to my OP had not got me adequately wetting myself in anticipation, your post confirmed complete incontinence, blackg1000.

Ben

Last year for me was by far the strongest yet for Dance music, and it's been superb for years. Honestly there was so much spread across the site, it was fantastic (apart from the NYC Downlow debacle for Morales' tribute to FK).

Silver Hayes

SE Corner

Beat Hotel

Glade (my fave)

Park area (Stonebridge Bar, Rabbit Hole)

Arcadia

Plus sporadic bits n bobs everywhere else.

OP, you will not be disappointed, guaranteed!

• 2 months later...

I spent a good few hours dancing my arse of to 2 many DJ's doing their Despacio set then of to Sasha on the Thursday (Glade is insane, like a club outside with the lights and sound nicely tucked away into the trees), Skrillex and Richie Hawtin Friday, DJ AFX, DJ Sneak, Seth Troxler, Four Tet, Dan Le Sac, Bonobo are the ones I can remember from all over the weekend

Looks like he won't be there with Enter this year:

Richie Hawtin brings his ENTER. concept to East London's Tobacco Dock on Saturday 11th April for what will be the only UK date of 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

I have dj'd for quite a while around manchester. Mainly adam beyer style techno and trance - warmed up for quite a few big acts (in trance circles).

I was wondering how to go about getting a set at the festival? I have a ticket, so this isn't about blagging my way into the festival - its about doing something I've always wanted to. Any stage / tent at any time. I'd love to just have said "I played at glastonbury once!"

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I have dj'd for quite a while around manchester. Mainly adam beyer style techno and trance - warmed up for quite a few big acts (in trance circles).

I was wondering how to go about getting a set at the festival? I have a ticket, so this isn't about blagging my way into the festival - its about doing something I've always wanted to. Any stage / tent at any time. I'd love to just have said "I played at glastonbury once!"

Any help would be appreciated.

I'll be your warm up dj then mate. Not sure how my vinyl Italian house sets would fare up with your techno and trance though.

Whats peeps opinion on Hot Chip making an appearance this year?

surely must be likely considering they're doing one/a couple of other festivals earlier in the year. have never seen them live so would be all over that

I agree, a band I have never seen that I would be absolutely all over, in the early evening sunshine on the other stage would just be massive, really hoping them announcing a few live dates means they have glastonbury in mind

I agree, a band I have never seen that I would be absolutely all over, in the early evening sunshine on the other stage would just be massive, really hoping them announcing a few live dates means they have glastonbury in mind

Have they announced a few festivals?

Did Underworld play last year? I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. Had the pleasure of witnessing them at Space in Ibiza a couple of summers ago with Darren Emerson back with them. Is he back with the band permanently now?

No, although there was talk that it seemed like 2014 would have been a good year for them to come back.

Did Underworld play last year? I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. Had the pleasure of witnessing them at Space in Ibiza a couple of summers ago with Darren Emerson back with them. Is he back with the band permanently now?

They're doing dubnobasswithmyheadman in full this year, I suppose they could turn up at glastonbury to do that

I think there's every chance they'll play, but I don't see them headlining the other stage at all these days, they could headline or sub JP I think

yep. Orbital had just reformed so there was a lot of buzz about them when they headlined Other. Underworld have just kept on plodding on, so definitely can't see them taking such a high slot