comedy headliners

guypjfreak

so if the head-liners aren't to your fancy next year who would you like to see in the comedy tent .

i saw Frank Sanazi last year and although he wouldnt headline he had me in stitches so i was thinking who could headline and temped me away from the stages ..

and ive come up with

Billy Connelly....although i dont think he will

jim davidson .......just got tix for a show in 2 weeks but could see him playing glasto

and mike flanagan i think would be a laugh......

any one you would see if the head liners where that shit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the cabaret tent. Spent loads of time chilling out there this year. Connolly would be immense.. Gilbert too. Going to see Ross Noble on Friday, he's friggen ace. So would love him there. Andrew O'Neill, Bob Mills, Craig Campbell, Gary Delaney. Any of them would please me :-)

Katherine Ryan, Danny Bhoy and Tony Law are my favourites just now, no idea what sort of billing they'd get at Glastonbury though.

Katherine Ryan was on in 2013, think in the day, in fact she may have played a couple of times, I wasn't there, but saw her on the listings. Saw her at glee Bham a couple of years ago and she was ace.

Barbara Nice would be great for a day slot, great fun she is. Loads of good acts about, looking forward to seeing who they get on.

Always make space for the Jeremy Hardy and John Otway appearances, never fail to hit the mark.

Also love to see Reginald D Hunter, Rhod Gilbert would be brill, maybe Lee Mack (maybe I'm far too mainstream too).

I also note that John Shuttleworth is touring end of this year - he'd go down a storm, maybe there's just a chance...?

Love The Cabaret Tent. I probably plan to see more acts there most years than on the music stages.

Mark Steel had me in bits last year with just general wingeing about shit things in general. Particularly about how advertisers advertise to people over 50. "I was fucking 21 when Hip Hop was invented FFS. I don't want to go on a ballroom dancing cruise...".

I'd like to see Reg D Hunter, Stuart Lee (always wonderful), rather have Phil Kay than Peter. He improved the hell out of the set I saw last year when he let his kids get up on stage with him. Totally unique. Frankie Boyle oh yes. His books are great.

I'd really like to see Tim Minchin do a Bill Bailey and do a set on a biggish stage after the headliners on Sunday have finished.

I'm not sure if Jim Davidson is Glastonbury material. If he did a set that convinced me otherwise then I would probably die of either shock or awe.

Tim Vine would be great, would love to see him do a slot. Richard Herring would be fun too.

There's no reason why Bill Bailey couldn't do his 'show' at the tent - they might need a couple of large TV's but I've seen him do his thing on just a small stage and it still worked.

Wandered in a few years ago and stumbled upon Phil Jupitus/Stephen Frost/John Sessions and I think Mike McShane doing some improvisational sketches and ended up staying for the entire gig as we were in stitches all the way through.

So yeah, any kind of improv comedy.

In fact just do whose line its it anyway and I'd be happy. (Although I wouldn't be gutted if Tony Slattery wasn't involved)

I'd absolutely love to se Frankie Boyle - love a bit of controversy - especially after his spat with Nigel Farridge (spelt this way specifically for UK pronunciation!)

I do sometimes feel the comedy offering is a bit samey, year after year. I'm surprised they don't go for more big names but then they are generally quite small venues so I can undestand that.

My current favourites who I'd love to see:

Dave Gorman (off to see him tomorrow funnily enough)

Nina Conti

Marcel Lucont

I'd really appreciate it if they could do something about the soundbleed around that area too. I've seen so many comedians struggling against loud music.

In fact just do whose line its it anyway and I'd be happy. (Although I wouldn't be gutted if Tony Slattery wasn't involved)

Watch out for the Stephen Frost Improv Allstars, last couple of years at the Astrolabe - great improv along those lines (but don't think Tony Slattery was there)