Red2222

Hey There,

I was hoping for some advice....

There are four of us making our first trip to Glasto this year. By mistake we booked a 4 person Yurt AND a 4 person Tipi in Worthy Farm....which is the better option, spacious etc?

We need to cancel one so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like our similar questions crossed over by 5 minutes !

I'd probably go with the tipi, it's cheaper, taller and looks a bit better ? You will probably have more space around you too as they cant pitch tipi's too close due to the ropes etc ?

Stayed in the tipi village before, the tipi was great but did let a bit of rain in by the entrance, not enough to cause any issues as the tipi was so big inside. We just simply didn't sit by the entrance !

So I'd say the say the Yurt would be better suited to rain, but a tipi cooler if it's hot...which is vital for those extra 2 hours sleep from 8am-10am in glasto !!

Both are pretty good options to have anyway :goodjob:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey There,

I was hoping for some advice....

There are four of us making our first trip to Glasto this year. By mistake we booked a 4 person Yurt AND a 4 person Tipi in Worthy Farm....which is the better option, spacious etc?

We need to cancel one so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Firstly, respect at your typing speed. All the tipis/yurts sold out in less than 3 mins!

I assume you mean Worthy View, not Worthy Farm? The tipis in the main site (Worthy Farm) are the real thing, all accommodate 6 people and are really huge inside. They're provided by Hearthworks based in Glastonbury and I've stayed in them many times at different festivals. However, you can only book them for Glasto when you pay the balance of your festival ticket in April 2015.

The tipis at WV are not the same as the ones in the main site. They are more like 'tipi-style tents' from what I could see this year, so are a lot smaller (but still quite spacious) and I remember that they were pitched at the bottom of the WV site in an area near the shower block. This is the furthest away from the car park, but the nearest to Pennard Hill Gate. They looked much bigger than the 4 man yurts, so if space is your main consideration, I'd plump for the tipi. But, the yurts looked pretty cool too. You;re lucky to have the choice :)