Liverpool Sound City 2015

5co77ie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know a little more about this? I'm never too fond of city fests spread across venues (for the fear of missing an act you want to see by not queuing or camping in the venue all day) but I understand they've relocated this one so I dunno if that's still the case. Looking into this as a safety net for not sorting mates out for Primavera when that lineup drops, and a bit more seriously now the new B&S record has knocked it out of the park again.

i'm not sure on the specifics but i'm pretty sure it's all gonna be a lot closer and not your average 'sprawled throughout the city' ordeal it's been in the past. B&S's new album is fantastic. really excited for this now

on another note, just read an article that said that Dum Dum Girls will be supporting B&S on their UK tour (including this) so that'd be great for me!

edit: also not sure if this is the norm for them but B&S will apparently be backed by a full orchestra which sounds amazing

Edited by FloorFiller

i'm not sure on the specifics but i'm pretty sure it's all gonna be a lot closer and not your average 'sprawled throughout the city' ordeal it's been in the past. B&S's new album is fantastic. really excited for this now

on another note, just read an article that said that Dum Dum Girls will be supporting B&S on their UK tour (including this) so that'd be great for me!

edit: also not sure if this is the norm for them but B&S will apparently be backed by a full orchestra which sounds amazing

I thought they were being backed by an orchestra for the whole tour? I'm sure they are in Glasgow anyway and it would make sense with the other venues mainly being concert halls.

I thought they were being backed by an orchestra for the whole tour? I'm sure they are in Glasgow anyway and it would make sense with the other venues mainly being concert halls.

Well they're playing at the Albert Hall in Manchester, there's no way a full orchestra would fit on that stage. Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. Cheers. They're teasing a big announcement on Monday and the Fri headliner is still 'TBA' so I think they've messed up somewhere along the line.

Some damn good acts there. I need to get thinking about this but I'll probably wait and see what goes down with the 6music fest and Primavera.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm really excited for the next wave of bands. What other acts were showing on that link? I must say, I'm not a fan of The Vaccines at all and I was crossing my fingers that Friday's headliner would be Interpol, but I don't think I've ever been to a festival and been satisfied with all 3 headliners. Plus, paying £55 for my ticket, I have more than had my money's worth with Belle and Sebastian and The Flaming Lips, so I can't complain.

In terms of clashes, I have no idea how the festival will be structured now with its new location, but previously, yes, bands did clash.

A lot of people are complaining about the relocation but I much prefer it. The first year I went, it was really exciting having to travel around between different venues to see bands and also the city was always buzzing over the weekend, but it wore thin quite quickly and became a bit of a chore. This way, if you do have to nip between stages to see bands, it's only gonna be a few steps away.

I'm really excited for the next wave of bands. What other acts were showing on that link? I must say, I'm not a fan of The Vaccines at all and I was crossing my fingers that Friday's headliner would be Interpol, but I don't think I've ever been to a festival and been satisfied with all 3 headliners. Plus, paying £55 for my ticket, I have more than had my money's worth with Belle and Sebastian and The Flaming Lips, so I can't complain.

In terms of clashes, I have no idea how the festival will be structured now with its new location, but previously, yes, bands did clash.

A lot of people are complaining about the relocation but I much prefer it. The first year I went, it was really exciting having to travel around between different venues to see bands and also the city was always buzzing over the weekend, but it wore thin quite quickly and became a bit of a chore. This way, if you do have to nip between stages to see bands, it's only gonna be a few steps away.

Yeah I'd much prefer a traditional festival layout if I were to go. Seeing how that ends up will be a big factor for me.

As for the other acts I can't remember much but I am pretty sure they had Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Fucked Up, Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger and Thurston Moore all on Saturday. Gaz Coombes on Sunday and Roni Size / Reprazent on the Friday.

not a fan of The Vaccines but that's a great booking considering a lot on here were predicting them to soon be stepping up to major festival headliners. rest of the lineup is very good as well - Thurston Moore, Fucked Up, Evian Christ, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Dum Dum Girls, Cymbals Eat Guitars are all acts i'm very excited about, and i've got a whole load of other acts to be checking out. ecstatic about this

Made up with Thurston Moore and Fucked Up! I saw a link last night which leaked these bands but I wasn't sure if it was just speculation, but either way, I gave The Ghost of a Sabre Tooth Tiger a listen last night and they are so good!

I reckon if the sales go well this year, it'll continue to grow every year and eventually it could be up to the standards of Primavera in the future! I think this is the break that Liverpool has been waiting for. This, paired with last year's amazing Liverpool Music Week line up has brought the gig scene here back to where it used to be, because we've been overshadowed for years by being the 'lesser' city in the north west cos of Manchester. It'll just be nice to be able to go to something great like this in my own city rather than having to travel outside of it! I'm so excited.

I honestly don't know. It's in a disused dock on the outskirts of the city centre, I presume it'll be outdoors but I'm hoping for a bit of a warehouse affair, that would be much better..

i'd kind of assumed it was gonna be a warehouse type of thing (for the headliners, anyway) but who knows? they haven't really given much away apart from it being at the docks

There are two venues very near the docks and loads more within a twenty minute walk from there. Haven't read much about this years but I assumed it would be loads of different venues again.

Living in Liverpool, I can't turn this down. That's a very good lineup. Knocks last years out of the park.

When belle and Sebastian was announced the organisers said there would be an outdoor main stage.

I thought it would just for B&S day, with flaming lips and vaccines I'm presuming all 3 days now.

Or perhaps the outdoor stage will be just for the headliners, rather than a full day programme.